Proper Flow?

cedarreef

Ok, I'm turning my 46 gal bow FO tank into a reef as we speak...yet to get some equipment and no LR yet. I was just making sure I have good flow for my tank so far. I have 2 MaxiJet 1200s in the tank which have 295 gph each. I have them positioned on the sides of the tank. one is in the upper back of the side and the other is on the upper front of the other side. Everything in the tank seems to be getting a nice flow so far. I don't see any dead spots so what do you guys think? Should I be fine with this, or should I get a koralia pump to supplement this flow?

bonebrake

Get two Sure Flow Maxijet mods for your two Maxijet 1200s. It will boost each one from 295 GPH to 2100 GPH. Then you'll have some sick flow.

cedarreef

I would do that, but I've heard some SERIOUSLY bad reports from everyone I know that used this mod on the maxijets... basically they all involve eating their smaller fish

bonebrake

No way. If a fish gets sucked into one of these it was dead or dying before it was sucked in. A healthy fish can easily swim away.