protein skimmer

Stephen Plank

I just hooked up my eshopps psk-75H hang on back skimmer. It had been running fine but look as if water was getting lower, with lil adjustment nothing seemed to happen so I unplugged emptied it out n started the start up process over n now no matter how I do it n adjust it, the skimmer keeps over flowing..... Any suggestions!?!

snakeblitz33

You also might want to check that the control valve is wide open so that the water can drain back into your tank.

Have you been using zany chemicals or epoxy?

silverado61

If the airline tube has a muffler and it has two connections try the other one. I had that problem with my old HOB till I switched it.

"Hello. My name is Jim. My favorite color is clear." Duh.

silverado61

Just be careful. When you buy a no name product for that cheap, most of the time you get what you pay for.

pegasus

I just hooked up my eshopps psk-75H hang on back skimmer. It had been running fine but look as if water was getting lower, with lil adjustment nothing seemed to happen so I unplugged emptied it out n started the start up process over n now no matter how I do it n adjust it, the skimmer keeps over flowing..... Any suggestions!?!
If the skimmer is overflowing and not producing lots of bubbles, check the ventrui (nipple where airline attaches to pump) to make sure there is nothing clogging it. If there is an adjustment on the airline, open it completely. Line the dots on the outlet tube(s) so the outlet is completely open. You may have to run the pump in this position for several days (or weeks) to allow the pump to fully break in. Until it's broken in, you'll have erratic results every time it's restarted. Another thing, if it has a filter on the outlet, make sure it's not clogged. Try running the skimmer without the filter for a few days to see if it helps. Most important, make sure the water level in the tank is where it should be, and consistent.

pegasus

When you remove the skimmer and reinstall it, make sure you fill it enough to fill the inlet/outlet tubes also by adding several more cups of water to the skimmer after you've reached the water level line. Also, hold your finger or thumb over the end of the air tube when you restart the pump. This will give the greatest flow from the pump, and will purge air out of the tubes. Only takes a few seconds. After you let go of the air tube, you should see heavy foaming action coming from the pump. If you don't, unplug the pump and repeat the process. It may take several attempts.