Ps3 Or Xbox 360?

crypt keeper

Ps3 or XBox 360 which do you have? Im probably gonna get one for Christmas. Which is better for Movies? Which has better games? Halo is dumb IMO but those other shooter games are cool. I like mostly sports/racing games though.

D

deadly_legend

i have a Xbox360 and a ps3, it all depends on what you like more, but i like the ps3 more since its blue ray and its FREE online play
but thats me.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Deadly_Legend
http:///forum/post/3177060
i have a Xbox360 and a ps3, it all depends on what you like more, but i like the ps3 more since its blue ray and its FREE online play
but thats me.
Free online play is a big plus imo. If you aren't a halo fan (can't imagine why) the second best first person shooter call of duty is avaliable on all platforms. And although the xbox probably is a better gaming system, I think the playstation win with its blue ray..

crypt keeper

My little brothers play halo and the way people talk on there,Its just pure ignorance. I watch movies. I have a 65 inch tv with full 1080p. So that is a big plus. That may be the deal breaker.
You cant play xbox vs ps3 online can you?

9supratt4

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3177073
My little brothers play halo and the way people talk on there,Its just pure ignorance. I watch movies. I have a 65 inch tv with full 1080p. So that is a big plus. That may be the deal breaker.
No...no cross-platform.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3177073
I'm sure there is some way too, but not really, they both have their own internet communities. And most people online are rediculous. There is no way I'm letting my kids play online when that time comes. I'm not going to want their vocabulary that big...

rigdon87

I've got the 360 which i dnt ever play but i wish i had the ps3.when i had the ps2 I wanted the xbox LOL.Maybe ill talk the misses into the ps3 for christmas but im sure i wont play it much either
.I guess thats an example of the grass is always greener on the other side.
I didn't know the ps3 had the FREE online gaming..Thats AWSOME!

saltwaterri

I have bolth also and i like the ps3 better it is a true 1080p blueray hd player free online gameing and it wifi . xbox 360 is 1080i and they dont make the hd dvds anymore and you have to pay for online gameing no wifi . Now the price is right for the ps3. Im going to buy the bigger one soon the 250gb. Also the ps3 is hooked to the internet so it gets all the lattest downloads for movies and games.

aquaknight

If you don't have a Blu-Ray player, and aren't a fan of Halo, that might be significant enough to sway my opinion to a PS3. I have a 360, and my roommate had a PS3. We played the 360 about 3 to 1. Forza, Halo, Left for Dead on the 360. Vs. Fifa 2009 on the PS3. If the comments on Halo are too offensive, also keep in mind PSN is largely unmoderated, with people with bad s/names, clan names, and just as bad mouths as in Halo. As SD08 points out, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see PSN no longer be free. A year of Xbox Live for $49.99 really isn't that much in the scheme of things.
For movies, Microsoft does have the deal with Netflix, so you can D/L watch any movie that you could get with Netflix.
Going back to what you said, racing games. Well, the simple fact of the matter is that Forza 3 is out, and Gran Turismo 5's release date is continually pushed back, now it's at March 2010.

moprint

I voted PS3 I have one and have only played it twice. I was never good at mashing buttons. I use it as a blu-ray player. Now the Wii I love too play. The PS3 is worth it just for the blu-ray player, since they kicked Microsofts rear on the hd-dvd vs. blu-ray war. Aqua knight is probably right about no longer being free. Modern Warfare 2 has overloaded Sonys servers and microsoft just added more servers to their network, so Sony will have to step up. Somebody has to pay for upgrades.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3177229
If you don't have a Blu-Ray player, and aren't a fan of Halo, that might be significant enough to sway my opinion to a PS3. I have a 360, and my roommate had a PS3. We played the 360 about 3 to 1. Forza, Halo, Left for Dead on the 360. Vs. Fifa 2009 on the PS3. If the comments on Halo are too offensive, also keep in mind PSN is largely unmoderated, with people with bad s/names, clan names, and just as bad mouths as in Halo. As SD08 points out, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see PSN no longer be free. A year of Xbox Live for $49.99 really isn't that much in the scheme of things.
For movies, Microsoft does have the deal with Netflix, so you can D/L watch any movie that you could get with Netflix.
Going back to what you said, racing games. Well, the simple fact of the matter is that Forza 3 is out, and Gran Turismo 5's release date is continually pushed back, now it's at March 2010.
The comments arent offensive. I have my fair share of a sailors mouth. Its just that they are morons. They tell people I will screw your mom two ways sideways and yadda yadda. Its comical at first but gets annoying as hell real fast.
Im not really huge into the shooter games but would rathe rplay one that is sorta real. Call Of Duty IMo is better than Halo. Id rather throw on NCAA or Madden and rock out. The hockey games are supposed to be great as well.
Netflix I dont mind so much from there. I wont use the online gaming as much. Im not huge into video games. Hence why Im 27 and asking about them but I just bought a house and looking to kill time. I could get into these games.
I will probably settle on the PS3 for the blu ray. Thank you everybody

E

eric b 125

i had a ps3 in my car (until some kindly crack-head dope-fiend relieved me of it). i never got to play it much, but on long trips to the ocean or mountains, my friends definately appreciated it. it never skipped a beat. i also prefer the ps3 controllers over xbox

stevedave08

PS3 controllers are horrible, but that's besides the point. You're saying you're not really into video games and want to kill time. If online gaming really doesn't matter to you, then it's a matter of what games you like to play. Remember though, that when you buy a game and beat it, more than likely if it has online play you're going to want to play it and that is where games get really addictive. XBL is not expensive at all at $50 for a year. PSN sucks from what everyone I know has played it has told me. If you are worried about people cursing or annoying you, there is always a mute option available on XBL. I just know too many people who bought the PS3 with that same, "but it has a blu-ray" argument and now the thing is a paperweight. They actually ended up going out and buying a good blu-ray player and xbox360's. The blu-ray player in the PS3 is a piece of garbage compared to the newer ones that are out and the 360 has more games and a larger online community.

saltwaterri

I have the netflix on my xbox and the only movies you can stream to it is old movies of stuff people never watch. I love my ps3. My xbox dont get used anymore. my kids 8/13 dont even play it anymore they are all into the ps3 now

socalnano24

Originally Posted by Noah's Nemo
http:///forum/post/3177091
Gaming =360
Movies=PS3
+1.
Also I don't play halo but prefer 360. FYI after mw2 was introduced ps3s online multiplayer crashed a few times due to insufficient capacity and their online community is WAY smaller than 360 even if it is free that blows!