Purigen.

cartman101

Has anyone tried this product? I've heard it's better than carbon. I'm thinking about buying this but I don't want to harm my shark if this product is deadly to him. Thanks

mihifisi

I use it in my 12g nano and my 110g. I can tell a visual difference in both. No one seems to mind. My Nano reef looks great. So no complaints from me

sleasia

I use purigen all the time. I have a 200 gallon tank...I throw 3 packets in the sump...when I change 10% water every week I filter also with carbon for a day or so then I take the carbon out...but the purigen I leave in until it browns..then I reclaim it by putting it in a jar of tap water with a few tablsps of bleach...then after an overnight of this, i rinse it well, then again soak it in tap water with maybe 10 or 20 cc of Prime (a de chlorinating product) .. I let it soak in this over night again, then to be sure, I repeat the dechlorinating soak again, then I test to be sure the bleach/chlorine is out, then I reuse the purigen....My tank is always clean...I don't know if its because of the purigen or because I have a nice bio filter going...but I keep using it. Its supposed to not take out trace elements, which is something they say carbon filtration does.

sleasia

I have fowlr by the way, clownfish, tangs, chromis, wrasse, and inverts...I don't have a shark....