Purple Psuedochromis (Dottyback)

jonp

I bought a Purple Dottyback and QT him for about 3 weeks just to make sure he was eating fine and checking him everyday. Last night I thought he would be ready for my 90g, so I acclimated him just to make sure temperature was the same and everything. Well all day today my family said they haven't seen him which wasn't like him when he was in QT (he was always out everytime I came up to the tank). I moved all the rocks around to see if I could find him, no luck. Anyone have one of these and experience this when they first got them into their DT?

fatcat

I have a pinkback he did a lot of hiding when i first got him for about 4day.
Also check around the tank on the floor they are known to be a jumpers..I hope he did't jump..

S

sawtydog

mine has been MIA for months now, i moved everything in the tank and he is just not in there, looked all around the tank where i could see anyway and hes not there either. my floor wasn't level so i had to shim the stand so there is a bit of a gap on the back side where i can't get to, I'm thinking hes under there.

fishygurl

dottybacks can hold their own so i dont think it was a fish that made him hide, he probably went and hid in some live rock, expecially if you didnt have any in the quarantine give it some time make sure he didnt go carpet surfing or got sucked up in any equipment, a lot of fish can hide for a long time and then one day they just show up again.

lobstah

if you have a piece of live rock with some pretty big holes in it I would say its in there, mine goes in and stays for hours, she is like a worm in one hole and out another. If I move my LR around I never see her while im moving it, hope that helps.

jonp

I found her. I was searching around the tank with a flash light this morning before lights on and seen a purple head poking out inbetween some rocks. Thanks for the help everyone.