Purple Up - all I can say is WOW!

saltwater8

Ok, I realize that this might sound silly, and I thought twice about posting it....lol
I started using Purple Up 5 days ago...yes, 5 days ago...
Today I was looking at my tank and thinking - that coraline looks darker...
Of course I thought it was the lighting in the room...
So tonight I am looking at it again and then went to the side of the tank and noticed faint purple blotches starting to form on my tufa rock where there was absolutely NO coraline before…
I am amazed, I have just been using it for 5 days...
All I can say is WOW!

alyssia

That stuff didn't work for me at all. I did an "experiment" and added it to two of my tanks (nothing happened) I didn't add it too my third tank, I dripped kalk, and the coralline growth in that tank was explosive. Alot of people say it does work for them though.
Be sure to monitor you calcium. It threw mine way off and messed up the ph in my seahorse tank.

moby

Keep us posted! I have always wondered about that stuff.
I generally stay away from products that make amazing claims, but someone with real experience using it would be nice to hear how it works.
Moby

moby

Be sure to monitor you calcium. It threw mine way off and messed up the ph
I knew I heard that somewhere before! It was in an earlier post you made.
Oh, BTW, Hi alyssia.
Moby

xhappyx

i used it as well one bottom dosed 3 times aweek. also have a calcium reactor, and noticed a huge change in my coraline growth, on my rocks, powerheads, and glass... i also monitored my levels the entire time... i noticed when u dose what they specified then i saw my levels starting to get a bit out of wake and that's when i switched to the 3 days/wk and then no problems.

saltwater8

Yup, I test PH (along with the other tests) every day and it has been stable so far. If not, I have marine buffer, so its all good, so far.
The only thing in this tank, however, is the rock. I am not sure If I would use it in a tank with fish though - as it turns the water a foggy milky white for about 30 minutes after dosing. It clears right up after that though.
***)

alyssia

Originally Posted by moby
I knew I heard that somewhere before! It was in an earlier post you made.
Oh, BTW, Hi alyssia.
Moby

psusocr1

honestly i wish i never used some of the additives i add to my tank becaus eim soo sick of scraping coarline off of my tank its horrible... my glass looks bad because of the amount of coraline growth ... i beleive not only does purple up work but anything with a good amount of calcium and the right lighting it just goes nuts!!

saltwater8

lol,
I am sorry, but if Purple Up will help my live rock look as good as this guys, I will use it till the "cows come home" so to speak, lol...
***)

baytran7

why does everyone want coraline so bad? isn't green algae in smaller amounts better? natural food for fish and less wear and tear on equipment, uses calcium meant for other corals and less work to scrape off glass.

maxalmon

I'm with you, I think the blotchy patches on the glass, power heads etc look bad, and having to scrape it off is just more work....Thats just me, for others if you like it, got for it.

alyssia

Originally Posted by psusocr1
honestly i wish i never used some of the additives i add to my tank becaus eim soo sick of scraping coarline off of my tank its horrible... my glass looks bad because of the amount of coraline growth ... i beleive not only does purple up work but anything with a good amount of calcium and the right lighting it just goes nuts!!

I'm with you. I am sick to death of scraping coralline off my glass.