Queen Angel In A 240gal?

shawnlx86

What Are Your Thoughts On Putting A Queen Angel In A 240gal. 8ft X 2ft X2ft. The Tank Would Not Be Overstocked Otherwise And Excellent Filtation. I Have A Euro-reef Cs400 Rated For A 400gal. Tank. I More Than Likely Will Not Be Upgrading So I Wouldnt Want To Get It If I Would Need To Get Rid Of It Someday.
Thanks

mystic7

Sure, why not? I have a Majestic, Blue Face and Emperor Angel (all 5" or more) in a 180, besides 7 other fish, and I plan to put in a few more large fish.

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by mystic7
Sure, why not? I have a Majestic, Blue Face and Emperor Angel (all 5" or more) in a 180, besides 7 other fish, and I plan to put in a few more large fish.

MY CONCERN IS WHEN FULL GROWN I HEARD THEY CAN HIT BETWEEN 14"-18" AND THE TANK IS ONLY 24" DEEP, PLUS LIVE ROCK. YOU DON'T THINK THAT'LL BE AN ISSUE? (MYSTIC OR ANYONE ELSE)
P.S. SORRY ABOUT CAPS!

connor

hmm i think it would be fine for a long time i would get ine and in a few years if you feel it is cramped then upgrade

mystic7

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
MY CONCERN IS WHEN FULL GROWN I HEARD THEY CAN HIT BETWEEN 14"-18" AND THE TANK IS ONLY 24" DEEP, PLUS LIVE ROCK. YOU DON'T THINK THAT'LL BE AN ISSUE? (MYSTIC OR ANYONE ELSE)
P.S. SORRY ABOUT CAPS!
Yeah, but how many years is that going to take? When they get that big (or even 8-10") I'll trade them out for the same fish in a smaller size, or sell them. THere are a few people in this area with like 5,000 gallon tanks who are always looking for fish big enough for their tanks. A lot of people seem to look upon these fish as pets. To me it's just a display.

cougar

The large angels are constant swimmers, so it isn't necessarily the depth of the tank but the length. A eight foot tank will give any angel plenty of space to swim. I have a grey in a 240 myself. It is very beautiful to watch him swimming in such a long tank.

i<3fish

A lot of people seem to look upon these fish as pets. To me it's just a display.
Wow... that is the meanest thing (to fish) I have ever heard. I would get too attached to a fish to just trade one in every few weeks. I used to think you were an OK person. But now I will never be able to look at your posts and read the same way ever again. I cant beleive you think of them as a display that you just trade in... Thats terrible IMO. :mad:

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by I<3Fish
Wow... that is the meanest thing (to fish) I have ever heard. I would get too attached to a fish to just trade one in every few weeks. I used to think you were an OK person. But now I will never be able to look at your posts and read the same way ever again. I cant beleive you think of them as a display that you just trade in... Thats terrible IMO. :mad:

i was thinkig the same thing. thats why i wanted to make sure i'd be able to keep it. I don't want to buy fish just to get rid of them when they get too big.

I

italianwjt

dang...heartless. i feel sick when i have a fish for a long time then he dies. doesnt happen very often but when it does, i feel sick. they have personality, in their own little way. if my naso or sailfin or any of my other fish would die (knock on wood), i'd be ill. my lemonpeel had a crap load of personality, and when he got stuck in my liverock (cave) i had to take the rock out...well....he didnt make it

jon321

Originally Posted by I<3Fish
I personally dont feel this way about my fish, but it never crossed your mind that some people might just consider their tank a peice of furnature? Their are many reasons people get into this hobby, to decorate a room is one of them.
Just my 02.
Jon

boalgf

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
P.S. SORRY ABOUT CAPS!
This won't be a problem. The angel won't take up the full 18" while turning around and it would spend most of the day grazing, or swimming the length of the tank and not the depth. Besides, if you get the fish young, the odds of it reaching a full 18" even in adulthood would be very slim. You'll be looking at more of the 12"-14" range tops. Most of the larger ones seen in the trade were caught as adults. In summation, a 240 gal would be plenty of room for a large angel. :happyfish