Question About My Cycle!!!!!

brokendeck

Ive cycled 2 tanks at this point. Im thrown off a little bit at this point. I recently bought a new 75 gallon tank with the built in overflow. Is it possible that i just had a small cycle and its over now? The new tank was set up 2 weeks ago with new live sand and it has the same LR from my tank that was set up 2 years ago. My test 3 days ago showed Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrites.
Here are my test reading
Ammonia 0
PH 8.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 12.5
Salinity 1.023

brokendeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokendeck http:///forum/thread/385610/question-about-my-cycle#post_3382460
Ive cycled 2 tanks at this point. Im thrown off a little bit at this point. I recently bought a new 75 gallon tank with the built in overflow. Is it possible that i just had a small cycle and its over now? The new tank was set up 2 weeks ago with new live sand and it has the same LR from my tank that was set up 2 years ago. My test 3 days ago showed Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrites.
Here are my test reading
Ammonia 0
PH 8.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 12.5
Salinity 1.023
^^^^^^^^^ The list of readings above are from 30 mins ago.

deejeff442

if the lr was from an established tank with bioload (fish) you probably wont get a cycle.
you should be good to go

brokendeck

all the LR from the old tank was put in the new tank as soon as we put it up, besides the LR with corals growing on them. so good to go huh

brokendeck

im thinking about it. would it be worth the trip? ive never been to anything like that. found out ab it from another webiste.

brokendeck

haha i was thinking about that. lol i figured u just asked bc my profile says orangeburg sc on it. idk if im going thou. found out yesterday that im expecting my first child. wife 4 weeks preg. might get together with my family and wifes family this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///forum/thread/385610/question-about-my-cycle#post_3382801
I've never been to one either, but it sounds like it will be well worth it. I know you found about it over at CR, I posted in your welcome thread there, thats how I knew to ask.