Question on a Coralife SS 65 setup

juiced_rl

I am in the process of resetting up my tank and am having a problem getting my skimmer setup.
I cannot get bubbles to form without it overflowing unless I have the water-level knob fully closed and the needle-wheel valve about 1/2 open. I have moved the pump from 3" below surface level to 3 1/2" below water level.
Any other ideas would be greatly appriciated

dapak83

i got the bubbles.. but still not much skimmate.. its been like 6 days... its very annoying to get these things to work correctly!

saltfan

Resetting up, meaning water and all? Leave it alone for a few days and see what happens. If you keep moving it you keep resetting its cycle. Anything you adding to the water? Like a chloramine remover? CLSS hate the additives, so take this into consideration also. Patience, it will settle down and do its job, its quite a good skimmer.

juiced_rl

yes starting over water and all. I didn't use this skimmer with the last setup because I could not get it to work it has been sitting.
I know it has a break in period but I was getting absolutly no bubbles in the skimmer by following the setup instructions. I actually lowered the water level in my tank about an inch and all of a sudden I see bubbles in the skimmer.
I don't like having my water level in the display this low so I am going to make some adjustments to the tubing once the sand settles.
Has anyone else had a problem with the depth of the pump with this skimmer?

juiced_rl

when you set yours up and had the needle-wheel valve half way open and your water-level adjuster all the way open did the water level fill your collection cup or start producing bubbles and not overflow?

saltfan

Welp, when I first turned the thing on, water went overflowing everywhere, but I oops. The instructions are just a starting base, you will have to adjust it according to your tank setup. Such as salinity, and stress coat, and anything else you add or have added to your tank. BTW, I no longer have it, not saying it wasn't good, but I went up to the 220CLSS. I was one of the bone heads who did it in increments.....O the money I have blown on this hobby.

dapak83

i acctuly had the same problem.. i raised my pump so it was about 1 inch under water...... then the micro bubbles started to come..... my problem was water kept getin in the tube during the initian startup cuz i guess 3 inches was too deep for it... soon as i raised it higher the bubles started coming in... after 2 days i moved it lower again while it was runing.. and the bubbles are there no problems... i gues i m just too impatient with the results!

juiced_rl

I do appriciate the help from everyone.
here is what i have right now water level is not at the threads like the instructions but it is just under the line on the neck under the collection cup.
Bubbles are just into the cone about 1/2"
Does this sound about right?

dapak83

it sounds just about rite...it will stay like that for a while...just be patient... unlike me!!
i think mine is finally stating to get going now that i moved it a litle bit lower!....

dapak83

it was on the 65... and its rated for 375gph if i am not mistaken......
my skimmer isnt really pulling out any skimmate yet!!