Questions on RO/DI Units

fishphreak

I will be needing a RO/DI unit for my 75 gallon tank.
The room I need to put the unit in doesn't have a faucet.
It just won't be possible for me to keep the RO unit in the same room as the faucet, so would it be possible to this:
To put the unit itself and the storage container for the RO water in the room with my aquarium and just run a hose from that room to the bathroom faucet to get the water and run a house to the bath tub for the waste water to drain. And just connect the hose when I need to make the ro water and disconnect them when I don't.
I really don't know anything about RO/DI units other than the fact that I need one. So any information, or advise would be greatly apperciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jessica

bang guy

You can keep the entire unit by the faucet and then send the small 1/4" water line to your sump or holding tank.

fishphreak

I can't do that. I don't have room for the unit near the faucets. I will have to keep it in the room with the aquarium, that's the only place I have room for it.

capt.lunch

You can do that, but if you get a hose break when your not around *#$-%*. There must be another place to tap into a supply and have a hard line and valve plumbed in.

fishphreak

well isn't there a way to turn them off?
Couldn't I just have it make the water when I am home and just turn it off when I am done. Like a faucet? Or does it not work that way.
Thanks,
Jessica