Quick id and pictures

pepito113

Hello. I noticed this on the side of my tank. It appears to be a snail. It was the two little attennas and the sucking part from the bottom like the snails I have in my tank. So the question is can a snail that small live without a shell. I know that snails stay with one shell there whole life and it grows with them. But this one doesnt have one. It also looks alot smaller then the ones I have. If its a baby I have not seenanymore or anything else in the tank.. Maybe one baby or all the other one got eaten. I dont know...

Sorry for the bad pics. And there is a reflection of 2, but there is only one. And after I took the pics it went behind some rocks That I can see anymore.
So is it a snail or some type of slug I have not seen before???
Attachment 244513 Attachment 244514

pepito113

Spanko thanks for the quick reply.....Yeah I just saw some pics online and it looks very similar. Great now I know what it is.
So How did it get in my tank?
Will it survive without a shell with hermit crabs, snails, and fish?
How big will it get? It appears to be 1/4" maybe...

pepito113

Well I was doing some research and they do have some type of shell. And they will grow up to 1"-1 1/2". Wow... So much info out there. My wife says I am addicted to this site because I am always reading and looking. If she only knew I still dont know enough...But I wont tell her that!

spanko

Came in as a hitchhiker on your live rock or a coral etc. Very lucky to have them they are a wonderful critter.