quick question

whitey_028

i got a new skimmer for my 185 reef tank because my pump on my other skimmer is going.I moved it to another tank but the new skimmer i bought used and is missing a couple of plumbing pieces... Now i need to know where to find an air line tube and adjustment valve that will fit into a 1 inch hole on the pump to create the bubbles inside the skimmer. Local petshops carry whole skimmers but no parts or accesories. I went to home depot and tried to "Mcguiver" and ball valve and an air tube but the ball valve on the smallest setting lets way to much air in and reef tank will look like a really cool bubble wall but that wont work... any ideas?

sign guy

Originally Posted by whitey_028
i got a new skimmer for my 185 reef tank because my pump on my other skimmer is going.I moved it to another tank but the new skimmer i bought used and is missing a couple of plumbing pieces... Now i need to know where to find an air line tube and adjustment valve that will fit into a 1 inch hole on the pump to create the bubbles inside the skimmer. Local petshops carry whole skimmers but no parts or accesories. I went to home depot and tried to "Mcguiver" and ball valve and an air tube but the ball valve on the smallest setting lets way to much air in and reef tank will look like a really cool bubble wall but that wont work... any ideas?
you will probably need to contact the maker. Is it a coralife?

whitey_028

Its an older eororeef model but it looks like there might be a a larger air line hose attachment or a 1 inch attachment looks like it will take either and the bleeder valve. I contacted the company and have not had any response.