radiant vs mystery wrasse

shista

hi everyone... i was just wondering what fish would you guys think would be a better choice for a peaceful reef tank.. a radiant wrasse or a mystery wrasse?? i have a cleaner shrimp and a sexy shrimp im worried about

mr. limpid

Mystery says reef safe and radiant says to add with caution. So I would say Mystery would better choice. I never owned one of these wrasse's.

btldreef

Mystery wrasse can get aggressive with ornamental shrimp as they mature, as well as the radiant. The mystery wrasse can really be an aggressive fish or a big whimp depending on what other fish are in your tank. Either one that you go with, try to find one that is small/young and you'll have better luck.

shista

do you guys have any other recommendations for wrasses? i just want a colorful wrasse that is reef safe... and for some reason i dont like the fairy/flasher wrasses

mr. limpid

sorry as for wrasses not many are truly reef safe most are add with caution. The closet you are going to get to a safe wrasse is the six line, it eats bristle worms so if it could do that what else will it eat.

btldreef

The Labout's Fairy Wrasse has about the same coloring (and price) of a mystery wrasse and is a lot less of a risk to shrimp.