Radiata vs Volitan

hefner413

Well peeps.. simple question. I didn't get a lot of response on my tank thread about picking b/w the two, so hope to get some more input here. I'm leaning toward getting the volitan, but still have my eye on the radiata.
Have any of you gone through this decision?
What would you all do?
Thanks. Dave

jp30338

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2756880
Well peeps.. simple question. I didn't get a lot of response on my tank thread about picking b/w the two, so hope to get some more input here. I'm leaning toward getting the volitan, but still have my eye on the radiata.
Have any of you gone through this decision?
What would you all do?
Thanks. Dave
For me, I chose the Radiata as it is not something that most lion owners have, and I personally think they look better.

leopard_babe

This is totally off subject. I know that you have been working on a stock list. Depending on what you decide about lions and angels, one of the coolest fish I ever keep was my dragon wrasse. He was great colors as a juvi. He would hide in the side and make big storm clouds. He would rearrange snail shells and small pieces of rock in my tank. An interesting fish to observe.
But I still vote for the V. lion. I had a black one. It was SO cool. I could watch its many spines gracefully move through the water all day.

hefner413

Thanks all for the imput. Seems like I'm getting a split decision - similar to me right now - split b/w the two.
Tank size is 180 gal. I do have an established QT - 55 gal.
I also liked the dragon wrasse. The wrasse family as a whole is great - I have a lunare currently.