rainbow mandarin

damon123

I was moving some live rock the other day to clean and I haven't seen my mandarin since, am I crazy or could he have been smashed under one of the rocks or is he probably just hiding. Cause I havent seen him in a few days:(

nygel

why'd you call this rainbow mandarin? I thought we had a new mandarin or something.
Either way, You may have squashed your mandarin, things happen. He may be trapped, the same thing happened to me, and this came after a lettuce nudibranch and a jawfish dissappeared (didnt jump) Then, it came to be it was hiding between the heater and the glass in the back corner (you dont think to look there.) So who knows, look around, and good luck to ya!

nygel

I'm guessing yes. Could be wrong, not an expert of aggresive fish, but I bet the snowflake could have easily eaten it.

spartan78

Originally Posted by Damon123
Thanks Do you think a 8in Snowflake eel or a 4in toadfish could eat a 3in mandarin???
probobly the toadfish, those things can and will eat anything that fits in their mouth. i think snowflakes like to eat crustaceans more than fish.

greenwolf52

the whole reason i'm not going to put an mandarin in my 100g is bc i'm certain my toadfish will eat him. of course, he is about 6-7", but the sfe could've eaten him too, but it's true about toadfish. they will eat anything they can fit in their mouth.