Random Buy Bta!!!!! Need Some Advice!

tdog7879

So today i went my LFS to get some water and while i was there and for some odd reason i bought a fairly large GBTA. The reason for me buying it cause i had put some red slime remover in my tank and it wiped out my xenia
sorry guy that stuff was taking over but i still got a coulpe left in my fuge. Anyways one of my clown fish was hosting the xenia and there is a big bare spot now. So i figure i replace with a BTA that i got for $18..also that was a good deal for the size. Anyway i really dont no Jack about them except they like strong light. I already place it in the tank on a rock near the top and it has already attached it self to a removable rock and that lonely clown fish went right to and has not moved! So i really just looking for some advice on care and feeding and to find out if my lighting is good enough!
lighting: nova extreme pro 6x54 watts
Tank Size : 80 gal plus 20 gal fuge
Tank inhabits 2 clowns, all kinds of zoas and palys, some SPS, Some LPS ,Clam, and your typical CUC
Water levels: PH 8-8.3, amm -0, nit-0,phos-0-0.25,alk-10-12,cal.-450
Thanks tony

btldreef

I hate when there are a ton of views and no one responds!
Anyways, bubbles are really easy to care for, especially if you have a clown that is hosting it.
I feed mine mysis weekly and sometimes baby brine if my LFS has them in stock. You may get luck and have a clown fish that feeds your nem, them you don't have to worry about anything. My clown fish don't understand that concept of sharing and keep all the food for themselves.
It may move around a little over the next few days and at some points may go into a cave or low lighting. It's OK. Mine do this from time to time and are absolutely fine. I'm jealous on the price you got for that, I paid almost twice as much for each of mine (I have two) and you don't even want to know what I paid for my RBTA! If you have power heads, make sure their covered, that's about it. Good luck :)

tdog7879

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3152115

I hate when there are a ton of views and no one responds!
Anyways, bubbles are really easy to care for, especially if you have a clown that is hosting it.
I feed mine mysis weekly and sometimes baby brine if my LFS has them in stock. You may get luck and have a clown fish that feeds your nem, them you don't have to worry about anything. My clown fish don't understand that concept of sharing and keep all the food for themselves.
It may move around a little over the next few days and at some points may go into a cave or low lighting. It's OK. Mine do this from time to time and are absolutely fine. I'm jealous on the price you got for that, I paid almost twice as much for each of mine (I have two) and you don't even want to know what I paid for my RBTA! If you have power heads, make sure their covered, that's about it. Good luck :)
Thanks for the response
i did luck out on the price ..see the lady at the LFS thought it was in bad health cause it was shrunk all up so she said ill give this one for $18 and i said just throw it in the bag!!!! Anyways what do u use to cover your PH? also how will i no if my clown is feeding it? and what if it moves next to another coral?
Thanks again

btldreef

Originally Posted by tdog7879
http:///forum/post/3152121
Thanks for the response
i did luck out on the price ..see the lady at the LFS thought it was in bad health cause it was shrunk all up so she said ill give this one for $18 and i said just throw it in the bag!!!! Anyways what do u use to cover your PH? also how will i no if my clown is feeding it? and what if it moves next to another coral?
Thanks again

I actually don't have my power heads covered, which some people say is risky, but my nems don't move. Some people use pantyhose, filter floss or fish net. I think it's a personal preference. If you feed the clown and it's feeding the nem, you should see the clown immediately take the food to it. My bubbles tips have never stung any of my other corals, even when moving around my tank to find their home. If you find that it is, move it, but they tend to go wherever they deem fit, so you might end up just moving the coral in the long run.

tdog7879

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3152132
I actually don't have my power heads covered, which some people say is risky, but my nems don't move. Some people use pantyhose, filter floss or fish net. I think it's a personal preference. If you feed the clown and it's feeding the nem, you should see the clown immediately take the food to it. My bubbles tips have never stung any of my other corals, even when moving around my tank to find their home. If you find that it is, move it, but they tend to go wherever they deem fit, so you might end up just moving the coral in the long run.
thanks