Before disaster
Temp 82
Ammo 0
trates 0
trites 0
Ph 8.4
amm 0
sal 1.025
calcium normal (don't remember the reading)
Events
Checked everything and decided to do some spring cleaning. Took apart the over flow box, return, and sump. Soaked everything in distilled white vinegar over night. Morning had water mixed for change added buffers and tested 3 hours later. During that time I rinsed off all the cleaned parts and reassembled. Kept sump off before water change. Did water change just like normal. Went to sleep and woke up the next morning and all 12 of my SPS were half if not all bleached Zoos all closed up softies all shriveled and zenias not happy.
I immediatly caught the fish and the inverts I could get and dropped them off at the LFS on my way to work. (Did not work well that day) returned home to everything bleached fully or basically gone.
Could this have been from not washing the vinegar off enough?
Did not test afterward I was devistated I still am having a hard time with it and this was two weeks ago. I decided tonight I would start again. I have taken out the LR and put it in a tub with a powerhead. emptied almost all of the water and am adding new water as we speak from the RO/DI.
Sand stayed in the tank I am thinking about doing an aggressive tank this time around to avoid the heat issues I face here in AZ during the summer with the MH lighting.
I wanted to know if the tank will need to cycle again or not?
Any other advice would be great and in advance thank you for the help

earlybird

Could be from the vinegar. Also could be that you did all this at one time. It's better to clean your equipment in increments throughout the year rather than all at once.
Depending on dieoff of the rock will determine if there is a cycle. Though I don't know how the vinegar (if the cause) affected your rock. You've got all your rock in a tub, I'd test for ammonia and nitrites to determine if there was die off and if it needs cured.