reef book recommendations

blenny boy

I am looking for some recommendations for reef aquarium keeping books... which titles should I search out?

maxx

Hey there. I own "The Reef Owner's Manual" by John H. Tullock I is a GREAT book I have the 93 edition (apparently he revised the book a 3rd time, who knows??) Its all text (Im a big color picture fan) But he makes up for up it by all the info it has in it. I give that one a 10. The second book I own is "Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook" By Dr. Robert J. Goldstein. This one is kind of hard to read (for me) But it also has alot of good info.. It also has alot of color pictures (a big plus for me). And the last I own is " The Saltwater Aquarium Handbook" by George Blasiloa. I dont like this one. Out of the previous books I listed, and all the info Ive read here on this BB, and the net, this on has the most inconsistant (spelling) information. I dont trust this book. But it has color pics. But it doesnt make up for the false info. Im always on the look out for new books to add to my mini library. If I get anymore or read anymore I'll let you know how they turn out. Good Luck.
Maxx

slash7

Natural Reef Aquariums by John TullockThe Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner
The Reef Aquarium Vols. 1 and 2
by Charles Delbeek and Julian Sprung
Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History
by Eric Borneman.
All of these books are very informative and packed with pictures. They will definitely help you if you are beginner to expert.

blueberryboomer

The Marine Aquarium by ---- Mills
Soft Coral by Jim Fatherree
Hard Corals by Jim Fatherree
Coral for the Mini-Reef Aquarium by Dr Herbert R. Axelrad
Aquarium Corals by Eric H. Borneman
We have all of these plus several more but I think these are the best, very imformitive.
Hope this helps! Later Lisa
:D :D :D :D

salttrigger

The Reef Aquarium Vols. 1 and 2.Charles Delbeek.
The Book of the Marine Aquarium by Nick Dakin.
The new Saltwater Aquarium Handbook by George C. Blasiola II.

rmdavis

I only had to pay 81 dollars for it and at time thought I got ripped off but guess got a better deal than could have..... just had to use credit from returning cc since I used the live sand instead
and they had vol 2 for same price...
thanks Rob..

andymi

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner
The above book was absolutely fantastic. I use it quite often, it has a lot of information and covers a lot of species.
--andy