Refugium

How can I make a refugium for my aquarium?? I have a 46 Gallon Bowfront with and overflow that hangs on the back of the tank that drops down into a large wet/dry filter. how can I add a 10 gallon refugium to this system?? I am not even exactly sure what is incorporated in a refugium, I have read a little info on them but still am not sure, and the helpful threads don't work on my comp for some reason.

sign guy

this should be easy I have a 46 bow with wet/dry and a fuge. my guess is you haven't any room under your stand for a fuge. you may have to do what I did and build a show fuge. here are some pics of my tank and you can see my fuge on its own stand next to my tank
a refugium is a place to hold macro algeas such as chato that will help lower nitrates and phosphates. a fuge also has baffles in it to direct the flow upwards so the chato can tumble. this allows detris to fall from the chato and into the sand bed of the fuge.

The Brand name is CPR Aquatics, I have the Model Numbers off of the Overflow and Filter I will try to call and get more info from them tomorrow. I will post it anyway incase it helps.
Overflow is a CS100 with a Rio 600 pump pulling the air out of it.
The the wet dry filter is a CY192 with a Rio 600 powering the protein skimmer and a Rio 2100 returning the water to the tank. I am not sure if this helps but I will also call CPR Aquatics tomorrow and stop by my LFS and talk to them.
I just looked on Rio's website and it says the Rio 2100 pumps 692gph and CPR says the pump should pump about the same gph as the overflow so I am guessing I am at around 650-700 gph?????

sign guy

Originally Posted by Trey The Salt
The Brand name is CPR Aquatics, I have the Model Numbers off of the Overflow and Filter I will try to call and get more info from them tomorrow. I will post it anyway incase it helps.
Overflow is a CS100 with a Rio 600 pump pulling the air out of it.
The the wet dry filter is a CY192 with a Rio 600 powering the protein skimmer and a Rio 2100 returning the water to the tank. I am not sure if this helps but I will also call CPR Aquatics tomorrow and stop by my LFS and talk to them.
I just looked on Rio's website and it says the Rio 2100 pumps 692gph and CPR says the pump should pump about the same gph as the overflow so I am guessing I am at around 650-700 gph?????
you could add a mag 7 in your sump and let it pump water up to your show fuge then have the fuge drilled for a gravity drain

I think I am going to use my 40 gallon tall Eclipse Aquarium as my fuge, I already have it and a stand so I will have a giant fuge. I went to my LFS and talked about it today.