Register the gun or the citizen?

oscardeuce

Mayor Daly at it again. While some provisions are reasonable other are a bit scary
"Calls for the police department to maintain a registry of every handgun owner in the city, with the names and addresses to be made available to police officers, firefighters and other emergency responders. "
http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/port...rticle=2895462
Why the owner?
I love this one:
Limit the number of handguns residents can register to one per month and prohibit residents from having more than one handgun in operating order at any given time.
Then to cap it off:
Residents convicted of violating the city's ordinance can face a fine up to $5,000 and be locked up for as long as 90 days for a first offense and a fine of up to $10,000 and as long as six months behind bars for subsequent convictions.
Six months in jail for exercising your Right as spelled out in the Bill of Rights?
How many drug dealers and gang members will follow this law?
How many law abiding citizens will die unable to defend themselves?
Then again, "everyone has the right to sue" according to Daley.
My AR still has killed no one, Ted Kennedy's car has.
Mayor Daley... outlaw Ted Kennedy's car!

reefraff

Sounds like another Supreme court case in the making. I don't have to get permission to go to church (yet) or speak my mind. Why should I to own a gun.

spanko

I blame this on the people of Illinois. they need to vote these yahoos out of office and quit relying on the feds to do what is their responsibility.

aw2x3

Trust me...it's not us Illinoians.
All of our tax money goes to Cook County, all of our state resources go to Cook County, all new roads are in Cook County...you get the point.
The rest of us, in this state, don't get squat.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3283549
Trust me...it's not us Illinoians.
All of our tax money goes to Cook County, all of our state resources go to Cook County, all new roads are in Cook County...you get the point.
The rest of us, in this state, don't get squat.
Cook county where Chicago is?

ironeagle2006

Those of us in Southern IL basically anything South of what now I-80 and West of around Rt 47 would not cry if we built a wall around that area and let them all strave to death.