RO/DI unit

blkhawk10

I was thinking about getting one when I get some money any opinions on what the best ones are? I was looking at some and they only said RO unit, does that mean I have to buy a DI unit also?

aquaknight

TheFilterguys (my pick) / ************** / airwaterice
All are mostly identical units at same prices. Units on the bay of e tend to have cheaper components (GE filters instead of DOW).
Yea, if they only say RO, strong chance they're only RO and not DI. Definitely recommend one with a DI stage. And MAKE SURE
the DI stage is a vertical canister, not
the horizontal type. Horizontals are useless.

king_neptune

My DI stage is horizontal. Are you saying this because the media shifts?
Lucky for me its a simple fix. I can pull it off and stand it up straight.

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/3138164
I payed $99 for mine off a certain bay.
I get 0-5 ppm out of it. usually around 3ppm seems to be the average.
Same here except I do get 0 ppm. Mine did jump up to 1ppm so Its probably getting time to change the DI resin

aquaknight

It's because you can't pack DI resin tight enough in a canister for horizontal applications. The resin just settles to the bottom and the water 'channels' across the top of the resin and never gets filtered.
Not to mention a vertical 10" DI chamber holds a significantly larger amount of resin vs. the small horizontal DI units, thus you get much longer life.

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3138178
It's because you can't pack DI resin tight enough in a canister for horizontal applications. The resin just settles to the bottom and the water 'channels' across the top of the resin and never gets filtered.
Not to mention a vertical 10" DI chamber holds a significantly larger amount of resin vs. the small horizontal DI units, thus you get much longer life.
Yep that can be a problem, That is why I took mine off the bracket and run it vertical

king_neptune

probably why mine never seems to stay at 0ppm stable.
ill see about putting it vertical then. there you have it....avoid horizontal canisters.

blkhawk10

I was looking at the Coralife Pure-Flo II RO Unit, which says in the information that it's a 4 stage RO/DI unit. Not the most expensive one but seems like it will get the job done. Anyone had any experience with this one?