RO water the best to use?

B

big911dog

RODI has helped keep my algea completely under control. also makes sure the nasty stuff in city/well water is good for fish....

boomper

A quick follow up/hijack.......i have a choice at the store for either RO or DI......ive been choosing RO but should I combine them or what?

T

tizzo

After you purchase an RO, I believe you can add the DI. But hidden, what exactly is your question?? Is ro better than tap? Or which ro, or what??

B

big911dog

the system i got is a 6 stage both RO and DI. runs 100 gal/day. of course i dont need that much now, but it tastes great too...

msd2

Yes clearly DI water is much much better than tap. It is the closest you will get to pure water.
BTW while it is still up for debate I wouldnt suggest drinking DI water. Several theories think thats its not good for the body.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Hiddenicon
Tizzo, i wanted to know if RO was better than tap at keeping algea down

Without a doubt... This pic is taken of my bro's tank. All of his "testable" water params were fine (except DKH, but that's cause he adds a ton of buffer). He does water changes way more than me, yet this stuff just keeps comin'. Oh, and BTW, that rock was a coral skeleton. Bleached. Should be bright white...:)