Rock for a reef

frozenice

What is the best rock to use for a reef tank. Im thinking of using base rock...its cheap, and since you're not going to see much of it(corals covering it) it will be a good choice, plus i believe the sufaces are better for placing corals than fiji or florida rock.

samantha68

if you want something that is not live rock and "cheap" go with travitine rock ,in my tank i have lots of tonga,lots of fiji plus travinitne and lava (some people hate lol) plus some home made ones i made and mine looks great with all the different types of rock .it depends on what u like but like i said travitine is nice

frozenice

Thanks, but im only going to be used live rock. Im going to have tangs and other algae eaters, and im going to need enough in the tank to support them. Thanks for your ideas though, ill keep them in concideration for other projects.

tarhull87

FrozenIce, I noticed that you are in Miami and you are a student. Do you go to the University of Miami? I'll be a high school senior next year and am thinking about that school. Can you tell me anything about it, that I may not read?

frozenice

The University of Miami is an excellent college to join. All of my family has attended UM. Our school is great for athletics, and is known nationally for our football progam. UM features one of the best law schools and medical schools. It is located in the heart of Miami in Coral Gables Florida. The atmosphere is great. I am not a student there yet, i am still in HS, but i do visit to talk to the football players and use the weight room. If you can get a scholarship to this university, I would take it above all others. It is very expensive even with a scholarship, so make sure you study hard!
For more info email me at Frozenice07@aol.com