RODI slowing down

hefner413

My RODI is slowing down to a trickle. I've flushed it, replaced the filters, etc. It speeds up for a little while, but is right back down to a trickle. I know cold water goes slower too, but it didn't slow down this much last winter. Any ideas?? thanks

rotarymagic

I dunno if this will help your particular situation, but I've heard that inline booster pumps can help pressure drop related issues.. My LFS all run them in the winter...

aquaknight

How's the water pressure in the rest of the house? Has the shower and kitchen sink faucet slowed down too? How much colder has the water gotten as well? Most units are designed to run around 75°-80°. Seriously cold water can really gum up the works.

hefner413

My h20 pressure is great throughout the house. The water is probably pretty cold. It's 24 deg outside, but it didn't slow down this much last year during the winter...
I'm thinking it's probably the RO filter. I was told they are suppose to last 2-3 yrs, but I don't think this one is lasting that long. It's the only filter that I didn't replace. I'm going to try to find one for a decent price this week.

veni vidi vici

This could be a contributing factor.
"Calculation of Temperature Correction Factor (TCF): The output (GPD)
also decreases with decrease in temperature. This is because water viscosity increases with decrease in water temperature."