rose anenome

slpcamaro

I have a pretty good size rose anenome, I went to feed it today and i noticed the place you usually put the food is now a hole all the way through you can poke the rock and see it was wondering is something wrong or could it be splitting. Also if it's splitting I have a smaller bubble tip rose right next to the large one should I move it to give the larger on room to split. They've only been in the tank about 3 day but seem to love it got more colorful and havn't moved from the spot we put them in.

blownz281

You should have posted this in the anemone/clownfish forum so people would see it there. as long as he is healthy and looks normal other wise then yes. they split from the center,your other BTA being next to it is fine. the clone will find its own spot to live.
Side note > what year and color is you Camaro SS? i have a 1994 Z28 with 30,000miles. (garage queen) plus tore up three pistons and the heads running 8psi with a Vortech S-trim. car has sat for a year. one day i will rebuild it.

mx#28

Originally Posted by slpcamaro
http:///forum/post/2593727
I have a pretty good size rose anenome, I went to feed it today and i noticed the place you usually put the food is now a hole all the way through you can poke the rock and see it was wondering is something wrong or could it be splitting. Also if it's splitting I have a smaller bubble tip rose right next to the large one should I move it to give the larger on room to split. They've only been in the tank about 3 day but seem to love it got more colorful and havn't moved from the spot we put them in.
Any chance you could post a pic? Usually splitting that soon after moving into a new tank is a sign of stress. Like some of the soft corals, the rose anemone will divide under stress to potentially double its odds of finding more habitable conditions.

slpcamaro

Originally Posted by blownz281
http:///forum/post/2593762
You should have posted this in the anemone/clownfish forum so people would see it there. as long as he is healthy and looks normal other wise then yes. they split from the center,your other BTA being next to it is fine. the clone will find its own spot to live.
Side note > what year and color is you Camaro SS? i have a 1994 Z28 with 30,000miles. (garage queen) plus tore up three pistons and the heads running 8psi with a Vortech S-trim. car has sat for a year. one day i will rebuild it.
98 silver ss 135k runs like a champ only intake exhaust and a few free mods headers are next.

slpcamaro

Originally Posted by MX#28
http:///forum/post/2593793
Any chance you could post a pic? Usually splitting that soon after moving into a new tank is a sign of stress. Like some of the soft corals, the rose anemone will divide under stress to potentially double its odds of finding more habitable conditions.
true it is an older one though could it be the maroon clowns irritating it it's gotten darker and is fully spread out so not sure if it's from stress or just likes the tank. Everything we put in here even my sisters coral that was dieing in her tank we put it in mine and it's already doing better. well try to get a pic on here

slpcamaro

heres pics

hard to see but this hole goes straight throught

smaller rose is on the left see how the larger is kind of moving over it should i move the small one?

blownz281

Cool about the SS. maroon clowns are aggressive hosts and if they are bigger then the anemones they will rip them apart. i had one do that two three different BTA's i had and they were all plenty big even with him full grown. he had a temper for a fish though..

slpcamaro

heres a pick the bigger female is on the right let me know what you think, they just keep fanning it havn't seen her get aggressive with it yet, any suggestion about the smaller one should i move it so the large one doesn't cover it?