Safe Water

aviator

My LFS is a LONG way away (about 45 minute drive) - is it safe to use the water from a culligan despenser at, say Wal-Mart for Top-offs of a tank, or to mix my own saltwater until I can purchase my own RO/DI unit?

dragonzim

Originally Posted by aviator
http:///forum/post/3133137
My LFS is a LONG way away (about 45 minute drive) - is it safe to use the water from a culligan despenser at, say Wal-Mart for Top-offs of a tank, or to mix my own saltwater until I can purchase my own RO/DI unit?
Should be fine. I think they usually have a marking on them as to when the last time the filters were changed...

I would at least test the water for basic stuff first, some of those dispensers are only as good as say a PUR system right on your faucet, in fact look behind the thing its probably just hooked up to a standard hose bib getting municipal water. Which doesnt mean its bad, it could have any of the common tap water syndromws, If your getting and RO eventually get a TDS meter now, at least you will know whats in the water supply, rather than gaining problems and guessing to fix them. SO yes with cuation.