Selling LR in FL

devante

I am going to take down my FOWLR and go with FO. I don't have the time to maintain the tank with all the LR. I want to sell it. I have about 85lbs of LR. All the rock was bought from Gulfview.com I Think that $200 for the rock is fair, That's $2.35 per lb. Only problem is that you will need to pick it up. I live in North FL.
jarlee@bellsouth.net

galina

I live in Parkland, FL... that's beside Boca. I'll take the lot for 180 and I'll pay for shipping.
Galina

reeflooker

What do you mean that you don't have the time to maintain LR? What kind of maintenance are you doing?
Is this FIJI rock? I might be interested.

ocellaris_keeper

Live rock requires zippy maintenance, you can even go without lighting. Just add water, some fish (to feed it waste), a heater, a powerhead and skimmer and the stuff will do fine.
If your having problems keeping your fish from contracting ICK and a FOWLR tank is tough to medicate, I have the answer:
Garlic soaked food and (aquarium products Quick Cure). I had no choice but to medicate before I learned that the stuff was supposed to harm LR. It hasn't and I have a healthy tank.

galina

I can't get it.. due to previous arangments. Hope it works out.. but if I were you.. I would keep the rock for a FOWLR. Good Luck!
Galina