Setting up hospital tank with LR....?

agent707

OK, here is the deal. About a month ago we added a coral beauty dwarf angel to our tank. Tank is 75G. Fish list besides CB is 2 perc's, 3 blue/green chromis, and 1 yellow tang. And 75lbs LR.
Well, the yellow tang has terrorised the poor angel fish ever since we have had her. She hasn't been eatting as far as we can tell.
ANYWAY, the wife and I have been talking about adding an additional display tank in the den, and it seens now is a good time to do so, so we can move the angel into a peaceful environment.
Yesterday I went out and bought a 56G tank and set it up. Well, this morning I went to check on Angel and SHE HAS ICK!

So this is becoming from setting up a new display tank to setting up a temp hospital tank!
I was planning on taking about 10 lbs Sand and about 20 lbs LR from the main tank so I could immediately transfer the angel fish over. Now that this is becoming a disease treatment, I have to rethink.
To treat this ick, I have to lower my SG to 1.009 as Beth said in the FAQ. She also said NO LR! Now I know she means No LR in a hospital tank, but this is going to be a permanant tank and home for this fish... so CAN I PUT LR AND SOME LS in this tank? Even though I am going to be lowering the SG?
Once I get the fish back to health and raise the SG, I plan to add plenty more LS and LR to the tank.
Please help, I don't have any NEW biological filtration equipment to install in this tank to "cycle".
I assumed if I added the LR and LS from my other tank, I wouldn't have to go through a "cycle"... is this correct?
This is the tank. All the salt has disolved. It's been running for about 16 hours. The hose on the PH was just to point the flow downward to stir the salt.

renogaw

no rock in the QT. No sand in the QT. if you do hypo you'll just end up killing everything in it.

agent707

OK, well things have turned quite a bit... for the better!
Fish does not have Ick. Apparently he had tiny air bubbles collect on him while he slept. Now that he is up and has been chased around the tank some (as usual), he looks fine. No specs.
So I guess I can just set the new tank up as planned and get him a new home.
I guess Gratz for the Angel on the new tank? :jumping:

lion_crazz

I am glad that your angelfish does not have ich. I would set the quarantine tank up anyway though. Quarantine tanks are essential in this hobby.
Good luck on your new display tank, as well!