Shark question.

reeferdc

I want get a banded cat shark or a coral cat shark. Will this be ok if I have a zebra moray, a pocidot grouper, a porc puffer, and a picaso trigger??

ams153

the shark will need a 180 just for it.. that would be waaaay over crowding in my oppinion

aw2

Even in a 180gal, a Banded Cat still would not work.
And, I wouldnt have a Porc. Puffer with ANY species of shark.

reeferdc

ok thanks.. I guess I have one more question then that has nothing to do with the title of this thread.
What other eels can I put with my zebra moray?? He is very cool and I would like 1 or 2 more aggressive eels.
by the way AW2 your tank is sweet!!!!! I have the same overflow you do 2.

reeferdc

Also is there any way to quicken the growth of my fish?? Im not trying to be crule or anything I just want to know how I can get them a bit bigger. My pocidot grouper is growing quickly and so is my proc puffer but my picasso trigger has not grown at all and I have had him for about 5 or 6 months... With the fish I have will I need to upgrade my 125? If I do have to upgrade how much time do i hasve left?? Al the fish are about 4-5 inches.

aw2

There's no "secret formula" to make fish grow quicker.
Each species of fish has a different growth rate. Some grow VERY rapidly while others grow VERY slowly.
The best you can do is to make sure each fish has the proper diet and proper habitat and they'll grow at their own pace.

reeferdc

arent bamboo sharks ok with puffers but not triggers??? Will both give it problems??? I really thought i heard that the porc puffer will leave it along..

ams153

ive heard that also.. I think it depends on how aggressive YOURS is.. but to even think of getting this shark youd need to say good bye to the triggers for sure and get a much much bigger tank

reeferdc

well I acually think thats whgat im gonna do... Im looking into something like a 150 or 180... but I LOVE my porc puffer but I dont care so much about the trigger so i would be will to get give it back to the lfs... Can anyone els give me some advice??? My puffer is not that agressive.. he does not even eat the hermit crab that lives in my tank..
Thanks guys,
Drew