sharks and rays, I need help?

I have a 300 gallon tank with a smooth hound, banded catshark, leopard shark, lg. lion, snowflake eel, wolf eel, wrasse and I just got a horn shark yesterday. I just lost my grey colored stingray last week, I would like to get a blue spotter but from what I hear they all slowly starve themselves to death. Is this true or does anyone have any good stories about keeping them. They are the coolest ones to keep but probly the hardest to keep alive. Please let me know what ya'll think and get me some pics of your tanks. Thanx, Joe:eek:

jim27

Yeah you're definatly stocked with what you have in there. Also look in to finding a new home for the leopard and smoothhounds for when they out grow the tank if you havent already.
EDIT- And yes, thats what the majority of blue spots will do, slowly starve to death. I've been having good luck with mine so far but thats the exeption, not the rule.

tony detroit

good call jim,
DEFINITELY start looking for someone to take the smoothound and leopard. Only 1 in a LOT will actually want to take your sharks off your hands when they're too big. Don't wait too long, cause transporting sharks when they're 4' long isn't the easiest thing in the world.
If you want a ray try a yellow ray or a caribbean ray they seem to be the easiest, the yellows like a little bit cooler water, i.e. lower seventies.
I would strongly advise against buying a bluespot. Just me though. I would have one if I thought I could keep one.:rolleyes:

Thanx for the answers, From the research I have done these sharks should adapt to my tank quit well, Right now they are about 11 to 13". Do ya'll think they will out grow and how big will they be in about 4 years. I am feeding them raw shrimp chunks every other day so maybe I need to cut that out. Let me know what ya'll think, Thanx, Joe:eek: :D

tony detroit

BUY THE BOOK AQUARIUM SHARKS AND RAYS BY SCOTT MICHAEL
leopard sharks live up to 20 years.
yours is a baby.
Your aquarium maintenance company wants your money.
Do some research on your own
Don't starve your sharks. Try feeding them squid as well
They grow very fast in captivity.