Shipping from Saltwaterfish.com

theappe

For those of you who have bought from SWF.com...I was looking all over the website for how their shipping works and I couldnt find it. So the question is, how does shipping go for this website. Im very interested in buying online but Ive never dont it so Im a little cautious.

bang guy

You place your order
You receive an e-mail stating the delivery day.
An adult must sign for the box(es).

alyssia

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
You place your order
You receive an e-mail stating the delivery day.
An adult must sign for the box(es).

Bang Guy, I have ordered 10+ times and have never had to sign for a box. I think they changed their policy sometime ago.

lt34

They just put on their website that they don't require a signature. The part that scares me is that I have had FED EX drop off the package and leave and never knocked or rang the door bell. So on your day of delivery, check frequently. I am placing a note on the door saying FEDEX PLEASE RING DOOR BELL!!

theappe

well the thing is that i have fridays off so i would have to wait for the shipment that date. how long will they ship after the order is placed. and it says free shipping... is this so?

alyssia

Originally Posted by theappe
well the thing is that i have fridays off so i would have to wait for the shipment that date. how long will they ship after the order is placed. and it says free shipping... is this so?

I have ordered on the same day before (for example mondays) and had the package ship out on different days. I think I read somewhere once that it depends on how many orders they have to get to. Their is a 9.99 box fee, and a temporary fuel charge (I think it's 6.99 right now) but that's still way cheaper than anywhere else on the web ( at least the places that I've found).

zman1

Originally Posted by lt34
They just put on their website that they don't require a signature. The part that scares me is that I have had FED EX drop off the package and leave and never knocked or rang the door bell. So on your day of delivery, check frequently. I am placing a note on the door saying FEDEX PLEASE RING DOOR BELL!!

I think that's all in the area you live or the driver for that matter. FedEx always rings the door bell and waits for signature on everything. UPS just rings the door bell and runs, even if you have adult signature required. I was sent a wine and cheese basket from coworkers on a project I managed for them and it was sitting on the front porch with the big "Adult Signature Required" label on top and only tail lights of the UPS truck- LOL

alyssia

Originally Posted by zman1
I think that's all in the area you live or the driver for that matter. FedEx always rings the door bell and waits for signature on everything. UPS just rings the door bell and runs, even if you have adult signature required. I was sent a wine and cheese basket from coworkers on a project I managed for them and it was sitting on the front porch with the big "Adult Signature Required" label on top and only tail lights of the UPS truck- LOL

I think it all depends on your area too. UPS doesn't even ring the bell. Fedex does but they don't want for you to answer.

bang guy

Originally Posted by alyssia
Bang Guy, I have ordered 10+ times and have never had to sign for a box. I think they changed their policy sometime ago.
Thanks for the new information.
Now that I think about it I haven't had to sign recently. I have mine delivered to where I work. That way the package is never out in the heat or cold.

D

davidmwj

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Thanks for the new information.
Now that I think about it I haven't had to sign recently. I have mine delivered to where I work. That way the package is never out in the heat or cold.
Hi Bang, when you have the fish delivered to work. Do you keep them there all day or are you able to run them home? Just wondering, because I would probably not be able to get home until 6pm, and I'm trying to get some idea on how they hold up.

bang guy

I get home about 7pm and I've never had a problem. Of course, it's a whole lot better to start acclimating them right away.

D

davidmwj

Thanks, that's great news. I just might give them a shot next time I get more livestock.

birdy

You can request that it arrive at your house at certain day (as long as you give them plenty of time to get the order) I have done that before, ordered on a Monday and requested it not be shipped until Thursday, so I can have it when I would be home on Friday.

teen

i also like getting my orders on fridays, because for some reason its just easier for me. if i want my order here on friday, i submit it late tuesday night, like 9:00 est time.
i just placed an order on tuesday(yesterday), and submitted it at like 3:00, and now it will be here on thursday(tomorrow), which isnt that big a deal.