Show off your tank(s)!!

ClaptonsGhost

Kristin, your tank is well lit, it just appears that the light is all coming from inside your overflow. Cool effect either way.

Mandy, yes that's a Naso (Lipstick) Tang. I bought it when it was 3". I hate putting bigger naso's in tanks, they need to roam free. My tank is a 180 gallon (or 98.224 litres. heheheh...just kidding. No idea what it would be in liters.) with a 30 gallon sump. To me that's not a lot of fish, really. I have:
2 Yellow Tangs
1 Hippo Tang
1 Naso Tang
1 Queen Angel
1 Majestic Angel
1 Blue Face Angel
1 Flame Angel
1 Yellow Diamond Head sand sifting gobi
1 Scissor Tail gobi
2 Fire Fish
6 Blue Chromis
2 B&W damsels
1 Blue Jaw Trigger
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Percula Clown
1 Green Carpet Anemone
1 Bubble Tip Anemone
6 hermit crabs
13 various types of mushroom clusters

Yes, I am certifiably insane.

Kristin1234

Kristin, your tank is well lit, it just appears that the light is all coming from inside your overflow. Cool effect either way.

Mandy, yes that's a Naso (Lipstick) Tang. I bought it when it was 3". I hate putting bigger naso's in tanks, they need to roam free. My tank is a 180 gallon (or 98.224 litres. heheheh...just kidding. No idea what it would be in liters.) with a 30 gallon sump. To me that's not a lot of fish, really. I have:
2 Yellow Tangs
1 Hippo Tang
1 Naso Tang
1 Queen Angel
1 Majestic Angel
1 Blue Face Angel
1 Flame Angel
1 Yellow Diamond Head sand sifting gobi
1 Scissor Tail gobi
2 Fire Fish
6 Blue Chromis
2 B&W damsels
1 Blue Jaw Trigger
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Percula Clown
1 Green Carpet Anemone
1 Bubble Tip Anemone
6 hermit crabs
13 various types of mushroom clusters

Yes, I am certifiably insane.
Did you return your Moorish idol?

ClaptonsGhost

:((((. So sad !
I never should have bought it. I know better. Now they have a HUUUUUUGE Moorish Idol at the LFS. I feel bad because I know it's going to die. Anything that big will never get used to a tank, no matter how big the tank.

Mandy you are a madwoman! You guys (you and Kristin) are so cool. I love girls who are into what are supposed to be guy things. My late wife was like that. She was the best. Kristin learn from my mistakes, take it sloooooow and you'll have no regrets. My tank may look great now but I've wasted well over $1,500.00 in the past 4 months rushing things. And I'm not rich by any means! In fact here's a list of EVERY fish (that I can remember) that I've had in the tank since I set it up last September:
2 Queen Angels (returned the first one last week, was waaaay too aggressive)
3 Blue Face Angels
3 Majestic Angels
3 Flame Angels
3 Coral Beauties
1 Half Black Angel
1 Engineer Gobi (indestructible, but my first Queen destroyed it)
3 B&W damsels
6 Blue Chromis
2 Dark Blue Chromis
2 Fire fish
3 Moorish Idols
3 Yellow Tangs
1 Hippo Tang
4 Naso Tangs
1 sand sifter gobi
1 scissortail gobi
1 HUGE Scooter Blenny (still have him. Forgot about that)
3 Emperor Angels
1 Cream Angel
1 Chocolate Tang
1 Kole Tang
2 Percula Clowns
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Reindeer (or Dragon) Wrasse
1 Blue Jaw Trigger
There have been a few more but I think you get the idea!

Last edited:

mandy111

I never should have bought it. I know better. Now they have a HUUUUUUGE Moorish Idol at the LFS. I feel bad because I know it's going to die. Anything that big will never get used to a tank, no matter how big the tank.

Mandy you are a madwoman! You guys (you and Kristin) are so cool. I love girls who are into what are supposed to be guy things. My late wife was like that. She was the best. Kristin learn from my mistakes, take it sloooooow and you'll have no regrets. My tank may look great now but I've wasted well over $1,500.00 in the past 4 months rushing things. And I'm not rich by any means! In fact here's a list of EVERY fish (that I can remember) that I've had in the tank since I set it up last September:
3 Blue Face Angels
3 Majestic Angels
3 Flame Angels
3 Coral Beauties
1 Half Black Angel
3 B&W damsels
6 Blue Chromis
2 Dark Blue Chromis
2 Fire fish
3 Moorish Idols
3 Yellow Tangs
1 Hippo Tang
4 Naso Tangs
1 sand sifter gobi
1 scissortail gobi
3 Emperor Angels
1 Cream Angel
1 Chocolate Tang
1 Kole Tang
2 Percula Clowns
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Blue Jaw Trigger
I agree slow slow. Research research research. I find we all impulse buy, make mistakes. Just remember it's only a stupid mistake if you don't Lear from it.

mandy111

Yes, I'm going to assume you meant shots :rolleyes:
Oh my god ! I can't believe I just did that. Sorry. !!!!! iPhone typing. Large fingers small keys. I was talking about filter socks other day. Auto correct changed word. So I actually asked a complete stranger how many "dicks" he wanted. Geez did I have to explain that one. Once again. Sorry

Kristin1234

3 Blue Face Angels
3 Majestic Angels
3 Flame Angels
3 Coral Beauties
1 Half Black Angel
3 B&W damsels
6 Blue Chromis
2 Dark Blue Chromis
2 Fire fish
3 Moorish Idols
3 Yellow Tangs
1 Hippo Tang
4 Naso Tangs
1 sand sifter gobi
1 scissortail gobi
3 Emperor Angels
1 Cream Angel
1 Chocolate Tang
1 Kole Tang
2 Percula Clowns
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Blue Jaw Trigger

But, I want all the fish now! Lol.

Ty. You're pretty cool too, & I apappreciate all the advice.

Kristin1234

Oh my god ! I can't believe I just did that. Sorry. !!!!! iPhone typing. Large fingers small keys. I was talking about filter socks other day. Auto correct changed word. So I actually asked a complete stranger how many "dicks" he wanted. Geez did I have to explain that one. Once again. Sorry

Sooooooo how many did he want?

;)