simple suggestion, wrong place

maeistero

when "today" comes under 3 different pages for new people looking for advice to help a living animal,
is it time to make the site where "today" listings are "today"?
just a suggestion as i'm mad at someone else right now and venting. :mad:
:help:

sepulatian

Originally Posted by maeistero

when "today" comes under 3 different pages for new people looking for advice to help a living animal,
is it time to make the site where "today" listings are "today"?
just a suggestion as i'm mad at someone else right now and venting. :mad:
:help:

What do you mean?

michaeltx

are you talking about 3 pages that say today in the posters column.
that only means that they have been replied to today and the last person to reply to the thread.
mike

sepulatian

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
are you talking about 3 pages that say today in the posters column.
that only means that they have been replied to today and the last person to reply to the thread.
mike
Yep, the new hobbiests forum is the one with the most traffic. If you have something that needs to be addresed I suggest a more specific forum, such as fish discussion, or disease and treatment. Threads are less likely to get pushed down the list in those forums.

maeistero

basically what i meant is that it'd be better to see one day's posts on one page. this would mean allowing many more posts to one page as there probably aren't that many 56k's out there at this point. it's just that i am lazy enough to not poke the "next" or "page two" at the bottom of the screen.
but you all have to admit it would be nice if you log in every day at the same time and don't have to look at past days to see if you missed helping someone's question you happened to know about.
just a suggestion, nothing more.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by maeistero
basically what i mean is that it'd be better to see one day's posts on one page. it's just that i am lazy enough to not poke the "next" or "page two" at the bottom of the screen.
but you all have to admit it would be nice if you log in every day at the same time and don't have to look at past days to see if you missed helping someone's question you happened to know about.
just a suggestion, nothing more.

Again, in the new hobbiest forum many people post all day everyday. Go to the disease and treatment forum. I help the same people all week long. There is less traffic. You can't change how many people post in what forum. There is X amount of room for posts at a time. The more traffic, the more posts get pushed down on the list.

michaeltx

yep if you had all the posts on one page it would be so long most would not scroll down to see the posts keeping the pages short helps keep this from happening.
Mike

maeistero

last post and i'm done.
i didn't mean one post of everything (that's just not right, i'm not stupid), just letting us see the entire day's post count instead of stepping pages a couple times. hard to convey. basically it would allow us to see the entire day's posts without waiting on a click to page two. or three. it would only be necessary on the newb page, so i think it wouldn't take that much effort.
good point everyone and i'll keep my thoughts in the lounge next time.

phixer

Seems like a lot of what is asked there are repeat questions and could be answered by using the search feature.