skimmer suggestions??

jenni620

I am looking to replace the skimmer I currently have on my 90 gallon. I have a seaclone 100 (I know, I know) which has surprisingly worked fine so far, but I know I need something better. I was thinking about the coralife super skimmer 220, but someone told me they aren't that great either. I don't have a sump, so it will need to be something that hangs on the back. Also, we are upgrading the tank in less than a year, so i want something that will work on a 120 gallon or a 150 gallon. What would you all recommend? Thanks!!

S

sacremon

Hang on back skimmers go up to maybe 75 gallons, thereabouts. If you are planning on going up to 150 gallons, then you will need to be looking at a sump with a skimmer that is either in sump or sits next to the sump.

srfisher17

I think the AquaC remora series are the best HOT skimmer I've ever used. You'll have to check their web site for sizes. I have a sumpless (neat word!) 150 gal tank with 2 Remoras ( I got a deal on them) going and am very happy with the results.

N

nereef

that super skimmer would work great for a h.o.t. model. the only complaint i've heard is that the collection cup sticks up pretty high and would be really visable without a canopy.

jenni620

so the super skimmer is good?? i had heard good things about them, but then one guy told me they aren't so great. i do have a canopy, so it would be hidden. i guess i will just go for that.
thanks!!