Snail

asm1134

Please I need some help. I have this snail not sure the name of it, but it has a very pretty and shinny shell, and its about a inch in diameter. Anyway this snail was on the glass and let go and fell to the sand. I thought that maybe it couldnt turn over so I helped it and put on the glass. Well it fell again, but this time the snail was in the shell with weird looking disk on the inside, so I put on some live rock. Should I be wooried about it? Could it be old and ready to die? I have enough algea for it to eat.

Z

zodiac's tang

I have turbo snails and they are always falling off the side of the tank, at least one per day. I just turn them over and place in my sand. If they stay turned over for too long they can die. You will need to turn it over if it lands on it's shell b/c they can't turn themselves over. Some of my snails start moving as soon as I turn them over and some spend a few hours in the same spot once I have turned them over before they start going.

manu

is the shell shiny/silver because if it is i think that it is a mexican turbo snail

stupid_naso

For me, and it's just my personal experience, when snails start to fall off in my tank, it's almost time for them to go "bubye." Although I turned them around, they always fall off again and again and again, and eventually they'll die.
I don't think any of us, or at least those who have had the experience, know the reason. However, people and I also, recommend keeping your salinity a little higher, about 1.023 or higher, not too high though. When people start to raise their tank's salinity higher SLOWLY, their snails tend to not fall off and thrive in their tank. If they experience a drastic change in salinity in a very short amount of time, they'll die too. So make sure if you want to do it, do it slowly.
Hope that helps...
stupid_naso