snowflake

ozadars

Hi everybody,
I have a very agressive dottyback in my 65 gal. It is gonna be a reef tank. I want to put a snowflake, a tomato clown, a marine betta and a royal dottyback in my tank. Do u think this snowflake will eat the dottyback? I also have a coral banded shrimp in the tank
Take Care
Selim

Probably not if you keep it well fed. Snowflakes as a species are not fish eaters by nature but there is always that oddball that likes fish. I would be more concerned with the aggressive dottyback attacking the marin betta and the royal. The dottybacks dont like each other and the betta will just hide all the time.

ozadars

Thanx,
Actually i was thinking too much rock... I should buy a big marine betta i mean a marine betta can get 8'' and dottyback is 2''... if i can buy a 5'' marine betta maybe they can be ok? I am not thinking of adding royal gramma by the way, its royal dottyback and i currently have it. Also marine bettas dont go out at day time and go out at night, dottybacks go in to the rockwork when it gets dark

its questionable. By the way I have alot of rock in my 65 and I never see my snowflake except when its time to feed it and even then it just sticks its head out , takes the food and disappears until the next day. I have heard many horror stories about dottybacks after I posted on another board about wanting to have one in my aggressive reef. Many many people responded including several decently know marine biologists telling me that it was a bad idea. They said the little ba$tards would turn into guerilla fighters coming out to strike at my lion and trigger and then disappear before they could react. Appearently they have no fear and evil personalities, although I have heard good things about orchid dottybacks on this board.

jp0379

As with anything there are exceptions, but snowflake's are know as cool additions to the tank. My neighbor has one and its never been a problem. If you search this board you'll find 99% of the people have had no problems whatsoever.