So who is Rob?

rudedog40

Try finding the Dear Abby column listed in today's paper or online syndication to see what I'm talking about...

stdreb27

I feel for the guy, alot of times I read stuff on here, and I don't have a clue how to say it. Just misspell it.

fishycpa

I am a self-proclaimed "Rob". From anemone to anthias to tunze to xenia to caulerpa to ick/ich. I have heard all of them and plenty of others pronounced differently, so I just say it like it sounds right to me...sorry...

rudedog40

Actually I think Dear Abby requires anyone who submits a question for her column uses a ficticious name (not their real name). So 'Rob' could actually be anyone. Guess someone would have to 'fess up'...

t316

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Actually I think Dear Abby requires anyone who submits a question for her column uses a ficticious name (not their real name). So 'Rob' could actually be anyone. Guess someone would have to 'fess up'...
Poor guy probably doesn't even know his wife sent it in

...wait, I'd better ask my wife tonight

sign guy

Originally Posted by T316
Poor guy probably doesn't even know his wife sent it in

...wait, I'd better ask my wife tonight

aquaknight

I think if we see who here is from Hawaii, that would cut down on a bunch of members. (Except if the location is made up too, of course...)

keri

lol... I think we've all been guilty of that one...the one disadvantage to reading the books and doing the research online is there is no one there to teach you how to say the words...I wonder if someone(s) a little more "in the know" wouldn't mind putting a little info sheet on proper pronounciation on some of the more obvious ones? Just a thought

sigmachris

How many people knew how to pronounce Xenia the first time they read it? Fortunately hear in Cincinnati there is a suburb named Xenia so when I went to the LFS I didn't ask for a frag of "X-N-E-E-A-H".

rudedog40

Here's a test. How would you pronounce these communities located near San Antonio, TX (hint - they were started by German ancestory)
Seguin
Boerne
Bexar County
Gruene

bigarn

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Here's a test. How would you pronounce these communities located near San Antonio, TX (hint - they were started by German ancestory)
Seguin
Boerne
Bexar County
Gruene
Well am I right? How come no one is answering me!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bigarn
Well am I right? How come no one is answering me!

Because I'm from texas I know how to pronouce them. So I'd be cheating... Besides how?

teen

ive always said percula clown as perc-u-la. a lot of people say per-cool-a. im not sure which way its really said. any help?

bigarn

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Because I'm from texas I know how to pronouce them. So I'd be cheating... Besides how?
ehh .... it was just one of my very lame attempts at humor.

petieaztec

i misspell and mispronuce apistsia all the time...... i probably did it again this time
the guys at the fish store look at me like awww isnt she cute and never tell me how to say it......

teen

Originally Posted by petieaztec
i misspell and mispronuce apistsia all the time...... i probably did it again this time
the guys at the fish store look at me like awww isnt she cute and never tell me how to say it......
lol, ive came to the conclusion that no one ever says it right, so therefore its impossible to say.