soft water

sltwtronly

i would just like to let everyone know i am the happiest man alive. Ive tried a salt water tank now for about 6 months and have had not one ounce of success. i would buy fish and they would live maybe a week if not less. I would buy corals, last a month or so. I had set up a 105 gallon tank at my parents house and it is working perfect. Set up aunts tank, perfect. My tank, ugh!!!! I finally narrowed my problem down to my water softner. I have asked tons of questions to the local fish stoes, no one had a clue what my problem was. All chemical tests would show fine. Fish stores said my water was perfect........ fish died.Was about ready to give up when I went out of town and had a lot of thinking time. Realized that was the only difference between my tank and the others. Bought 20 gallons of ro/di premixed water and tank is now perfect. I am building my tank now the way i want it and am gonna stay in the saltwater tanks. Thank you for listening and any further suggestions would be appreciated.:D :D