Some Sorry Sob Tried To Steal My Bike

cherylann

That's the problem, this does not sound like regular guy BS and if I just sit back and excuse it as such than I am not true to myself, a victim of crime and male violance. So either stop reading this thread or take a side or better yet read about it in the news.

todj2002

Originally Posted by cherylann
http:///forum/post/3168823
That's the problem, this does not sound like regular guy BS and if I just sit back and excuse it as such than I am not true to myself, a victim of crime and male violance. So either stop reading this thread or take a side or better yet read about it in the news.
ok... when i see them trying to steal it again i will run out in a dress and throw flowers at them.... is that better. hahahahaha

cranberry

http:///forum/post/3168823
You thought ReefRaff was honestly going to set up an electric grate under the bikes to electrocute anyone who stood on it!

cherylann

If he displays his bike and lays in wait, and then if the scumbags don't comply with his wishes and he even shouts a paintball gun at them I promise you the cops will charge him with assult so you better know what your talking about before you tell someone that they have the right to lay in wait and assult someone other wise your just interested in who's right and who's wrong I am more interested in averting a conflict.

cranberry

K, back to the conversation. Those bikes are seriously sweet. Do you have any pics with the new black wheel?
Tang, which is your favorite.

todj2002

http:///forum/post/3168831
If he displays his bike and lays in wait, and then if the scumbags don't comply with his wishes and he even shouts a paintball gun at them I promise you the cops will charge him with assult so you better know what your talking about before you tell someone that they have the right to lay in wait and assult someone other wise your just interested in who's right and who's wrong I am more interested in averting a conflict.
OK. let me ask u this. what would u do? what do u suggest i do? seriously. im curious as to how u would handle this. this is a $9000 machine that someone is trying to steal from me. and this will be the second time.

cranberry

Originally Posted by TODJ2002
http:///forum/post/3168835
OK. let me ask u this. what would u do? what do u suggest i do? seriously. im curious as to how u would handle this. this is a $9000 machine that someone is trying to steal from me. and this will be the second time.
Just be sure to catch them IN your house, not outside of your house. Then the law is with you..... wait now.... I don't know about protection laws in the state you live in.

todj2002

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3168832
K, back to the conversation. Those bikes are seriously sweet. Do you have any pics with the new black wheel?
yes i do somewhere. i will find one and post it later. i like the black in the back. it flows with the color scheme.

cherylann

I would put it in the garage. Just like when you lock your car and put on the car alarm. There are always going to people that steal and are scum bums. They will get caught but it's not worth it for you to put your self at risk, your bird shot may not be up to their weapon of choice. You let them win when you put yourself and property at risk. Letting them know that you are no longer a target is the best revenge.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that property is not worth you going to jail over. Its a sad state that such could even remotely happen when you are on your own property protecting your own property.
Check out the laws in your state. If this goes down, it should be that you felt threatened to the point that your life was in danger, so you had to defend yourself.
Thief in this country is so out of hand. The police could care less and do nothing to "investigate" unless a bank is robbed, or the Circle K. But if its your flat-screen, home theater, or cash in the house, oh well--to bad. File an insurance claim.
At some point, the thieves are going to have to know that there are consequences. And they aren't going to learn that from our wonderful criminal justice system.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3168750
Your bike is not as important, as you possilby sitting in a jail cell, and believe me the cops will do something if you even threaten someone with a firearm. And now you have left them all this nice information on a public form, it's one thing to vent another to speak of seeking revenge and baiting someone into a crime. Come on electrocution. Boy you better hope they don't come back more for your sake than theirs.
lol, I'm glad you're not my neighbor.
fortunately I live in texas. And we can do this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I lived next door to Joe. I might still have my Sony Bravia.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3168838
Just be sure to catch them IN your house, not outside of your house. Then the law is with you..... wait now.... I don't know about protection laws in the state you live in.
That depends on the state. Colorado has a law that you don't have to retreat if you feel threatened, you can drop them where they stand if you feel threatened as long as you are in a location consider "your space" which can be on or off your property. In Texas you can blast someone to keep them from stealing your neighbors property if you can make the case your neighbor wants you too.
However, laying in wait will probably at least get you a nice lawyer bill while you try to get the charges dropped.
I assume the leaving it out and hoping they would be back was a joke. If not, DON'T BE STUPID!!! Lets assume for a moment you did catch them coming back and you let loose with bird shot. You better wait until they are on the bike and then you just shot your bike too
The brief moment of satisfaction isn't worth the legal hassle.

todj2002

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3168915
That depends on the state. Colorado has a law that you don't have to retreat if you feel threatened, you can drop them where they stand if you feel threatened as long as you are in a location consider "your space" which can be on or off your property. In Texas you can blast someone to keep them from stealing your neighbors property if you can make the case your neighbor wants you too.
However, laying in wait will probably at least get you a nice lawyer bill while you try to get the charges dropped.
I assume the leaving it out and hoping they would be back was a joke. If not, DON'T BE STUPID!!! Lets assume for a moment you did catch them coming back and you let loose with bird shot. You better wait until they are on the bike and then you just shot your bike too
The brief moment of satisfaction isn't worth the legal hassle.
how can they prove i was waiting? the law here is more for the real justice without all the bs that some states approve i think. come on my property and try to steal anything else from me and i am going to be the law. my friend had two four wheelers stole while he was sleeping from INSIDE his garage. cops dont do crap other than take a report, even tho we pretty much know who did it. do we just sit around an let this happen? not me. i will protect family and myself and all i own till death. thats the way it should be.. sorry if u dont agree. the police cant be your babysitter. take care of yourself. and dont worry. i wont shoot unless im am threatened. i have been shot at VERY close range with a 38 and i DID NOT LIKE IT. i dont wish this on anyone, but if u are stealing or out to hurt someone else.. eye for an eye and i firmly believe this.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3168835
Pretty much every person I know that owns any type of bike, locks it up in their garage or a storage shed that can be secured. I have a buddy who has a real nice Harley, and he lives on the second floor of his apartment complex. He pays the apartment manager an extra $100/month to allow him to put it in a lockable storage area by the pool. They do what they need to in order to insure no one rips off their bike. Unfortunately in today's society, motorcycles are an easy target. I've seen poles where back wheels were left chained because someone took it off to steal the rest of the bike. It's sucks, but that's reality in today's world. If you don't have garage space, roll it into the front door and keep it there overnight.
Would I setup an ambush to try and catch these creeps? Although I don't blame you, there are too many legal ramifications involved. As others have stated, whether you catch them in the act or not, shooting an unarmed individual would probably get you locked up, not them. Even if they walked up and sat on your bike, or even pushed it around in your driveway, you couldn't legally shoot them. Unless you see them physically take the bike off your property, you have no legal right to shoot someone just because they touched your property without your permission. If locking the bike up is not an option, by some motion-sensored camera's. Get video of them taking the bike and hand it over to the police.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3168962
how can they prove i was waiting? the law here is more for the real justice without all the bs that some states approve i think. come on my property and try to steal anything else from me and i am going to be the law. my friend had two four wheelers stole while he was sleeping from INSIDE his garage. cops dont do crap other than take a report, even tho we pretty much know who did it. do we just sit around an let this happen? not me. i will protect family and myself and all i own till death. thats the way it should be.. sorry if u dont agree. the police cant be your babysitter. take care of yourself. and dont worry. i wont shoot unless im am threatened. i have been shot at VERY close range with a 38 and i DID NOT LIKE IT. i dont wish this on anyone, but if u are stealing or out to hurt someone else.. eye for an eye and i firmly believe this.
I know North carolina is one of the Good Ole Boys States, but I still think they believe in a person's legal rights. I doubt very seriously the legal system in your area lets you shoot people at will unless you are physically being threatened. Although Texas abides by the Castle Doctrine, there have been mutiple cases tried where a person who shot and killed someone while attempting to steal their car, was prosecuted for murder. It's really a judgement call by the officer who files the report. As far as North Carolina, this was found under the Castle Doctrine on wiki:
North Carolina
Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.
(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.[18]
So in your state, the Castle Doctrine applies to someone breaking into your HOME, not taking off with your bike. You may not even have the right to shoot someone who was stealing your car. Taking a bike is every trickier. There's no windows to break, or doors to jimmy. Unless you caught them trying to break the key lock to release the handle bars, you still couldn't shoot them for simply sitting on the bike.
By the way I'm reading it, you're messing with fire with thinking about putting buckshot in the guys. Not to mention you've stated that you've gone by their homes and shouted out you know what they're trying to do, and you're willing to shoot them if they try again. If you do shoot them, and they have witnesses that will state you made these comments, you're setting your self up for premeditation.

todj2002

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3168986
I know North carolina is one of the Good Ole Boys States, but I still think they believe in a person's legal rights. I doubt very seriously the legal system in your area lets you shoot people at will unless you are physically being threatened. Although Texas abides by the Castle Doctrine, there have been mutiple cases tried where a person who shot and killed someone while attempting to steal their car, was prosecuted for murder. It's really a judgement call by the officer who files the report. As far as North Carolina, this was found under the Castle Doctrine on wiki:
North Carolina
Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.
(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.[18]
So in your state, the Castle Doctrine applies to someone breaking into your HOME, not taking off with your bike. You may not even have the right to shoot someone who was stealing your car. Taking a bike is every trickier. There's no windows to break, or doors to jimmy. Unless you caught them trying to break the key lock to release the handle bars, you still couldn't shoot them for simply sitting on the bike.
By the way I'm reading it, you're messing with fire with thinking about putting buckshot in the guys. Not to mention you've stated that you've gone by their homes and shouted out you know what they're trying to do, and you're willing to shoot them if they try again. If you do shoot them, and they have witnesses that will state you made these comments, you're setting your self up for premeditation.
how about a good old fashion ars wooping till the cops get there? sound better. i can also arrange that. and dont worry guys, i would not shoot someone unless my life or somebody esle was in danger. just blowing off steam. i know what will happen. and since i have been shot i realized alot about pain and suffering and would not wish it on anyone. but i will defend myself and i think all we all need to be a little more assertive and not rely on someone else to take care of all our problems. i really want to catch these scumbags tho. and if i am patient enough.... i bet i will. i know what they were driving. thats step one.

todj2002

http:///forum/post/3168832
this is a cruddy pic but all i can find for now.