song of ice and fire

dragonzim

Holy crap, its about freakin time! Only been 5 year since A Feast For Crows...
Lets see if he actually makes the date stick this time.

blazehok68

i know. the thing that sux is im going to have to stop reading the wheel of time to pick up with this again. and its not like i can wait and finish the wheel of time then read this b/c im only into book4. son of a......

dragonzim

I'd been shuffling between WoT, Song of Ice and Fire and the Sword of Truth for what felt like forever (was actually probably close to 15 years). At least Sword of Truth finally finished up and WoT only should have 1 more book.
Have you seen the previews for Game of Thrones on HBO, coming out in April? Looks great!

blazehok68

i have not seen any previews. i also just finished the sword of truth. That was pretty amazing too. do you watch legend of the seeker? i think its pretty cheesy and the characters are not even close to what i imagined from the book.

dragonzim

I watched the first season of Seeker and when they got to the point where the Stone of Tear was actually a rock and not the fortress that it is in the books I gave up. I had high hopes for the show with Sam Raimi being involved but I really dont think the writers of the show even read the books. All the characters were wrong. Richard was way too young and the guy that played Zedd, while a decent enough actor, just didnt match what Goodkind had built him up to be.
http://www.google.com/search?q=game+of+thrones+trailer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=game+of+thrones+trailer&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=IPa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&prmd=ivnsu&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=YPZvTdbbI4GBlAe2hohX&ved=0CDMQqwQ&bav=on.2,or.&fp=c2a6475333185a00
Also, if you havent read it yet, check out The Law of Nines, by Goodkind.

blazehok68

i was thinking of picking up the law of nines. it has to do with all the same stuff as the sword of truth doesn't it? just in the future in the other world without magic?

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68 http:///forum/thread/384289/song-of-ice-and-fire#post_3366157
good advice. any other suggestions? not that ill be done with anything for at least a year.
Brandon Sanderson, the guy that is finishing Wheel of Time has a few out that I've read that are really good. The Mistborn trilogy and Elantris are both great. Havent read any of his other stuff yet. Also, if you haven't read them, the Riftwar series by Raymond Feist is fantastic. Starts with Magician: Apprentice

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68 http:///forum/thread/384289/song-of-ice-and-fire#post_3366219
did you read the eragon series?
Nope, I stay away from the ones that I know beforehand are written for a younger audience. No Eragon or Harry Potter for me thanks. Another great series is Temeraire by Naiomi Novick. Takes place in the 1800's where England is fighting Napoleon except there are dragons that make up air cavalry units. Cool stuff. Also, if you like dragons at all, you HAVE to read Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern books.