sponge too big for tank! (goes very off topic)

ruaround

Originally posted by BlondeNaso1:
<strong>Mr. Bubble, you said you are haveing trouble taking a picture of the sponge. Did you try turning the lights on? You know, that switch on the wall...flick it to the other side. I promise it will make a HUGE diference.
I think that Mr Bubble should be turned in cliche(i'm not sure if that is the right term). From now on we should say,"Don't pull a Mr Bubble!" or "Don't go Mr. Bubble on me!"
What do you guys think??????????????</strong><hr></blockquote>
Or..."I think your Bubbling over"...
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH My that was weak...im sorry

cyn

OK, now you have me too. Where is the pic of the real sponge??? Not here because it does not exist. Even in LA they have 1 hour photo shops.. common kid get a life!
With all due disrespect,
cyn

von_rahvin

i was away for a day or two and i missed all of the fun! I just wasted lord knows how many hrs reading anf laughing my tail off about this post. the pics are great!!!! I loved the sponge trek!!!!

von_rahvin

oh i forgot,
when are we all going to get frags of the wonder sponge? If it grows that fast we can sell it an all be rich.
or to qoute SNL.
"We could have so much sponge, it would be our currancy. 20 sponges would equal roughly a nickel. Depending on the strenght of the yen." Harri Karry SNL

broomer5

Dirtybilge
Since I've been here, I recall some pretty lengthy threads in the old Aquarium forum - the "answer a question then ask a question" post was quite long - but I think this one has surely topped that in number of hits and replies. I know of no other post that racked up this much activity in 2-3 days - and in my opinion, there has never been a funnier post. This has got to be one of, if not THE longest thread on here.
For those members and visitors that chose not to follow this - I can see why. It's about the craziest thing you'd expect to find on a BB dedicated to saltwater tank keeping.
For those members that participated and followed it closely - I'm sure you found it to be foolish entertainment and a huge waste of time.
But I for one - don't feel that laughing is ever a waste of my time.
The "Great Red Mutant Tree Sponge" post by Mr.Bubble, whom I still feel is suffering from "SpongeEnvy", and is a total malcontent, started it for whatever reasons. From where it went from there ...... I have no reasonable explanation for it's surge in activity - besides it just be down right funny, and the clear fact that you can't pull a fast one on this group !
A comical humorous "rolling snowball" effect, with contributions from many, at it's finest !

B

bt_1999_66

Again,
I arrive at the office to maybe complete my Monthly Report, which Upper mgmt. is wondering why it's taking so long.
Can you imagine, "You see sir, there is this Giant Mutating Red Sponge on the Net."
Can you imagine.... I'll keep watching, but I really have to finish this report...

seasquirt

Hope this works! I joined this board just because of this post. This is a riot!!!! (I do plan on participating in other posts, though.)

fender

I was going to stay away, but I got sucked in too....I feel so ashamed. :rolleyes:
I just wanted to add that unless reef vixen and Mr.Bubbles had a static IP (hardly anybody does) tracing it would be useless. DHCP (What most ISPs give home users) would have renewed by now, giving a new IP. I know some cable providers don't renew, but as a rule IPs don't identify individuals.
Thot I would add a little tech info to redeem a little knowledge from a mostly frivilous post. I have laffed at the pics pretty hard tho.

fender

I was re-arranging my tank the other day and found a bunch of rubble fused together by an ugly brown sponge.
Is this stuff gonna overtake my tank?
I noticed that I have to top off my tank pretty often lately, do you think it is becaue my spronge is soaking up more water as it grows?
Mr.Bubbles experiences have made me re-think my stand on the sponge in tank issue.
Please someone give me some advice, do I get rid of my sponges before a catastophe stikes?
Your sage wisdom, sincerity, foresight and knowledge is appreciated....

tru conch

hahaha. i tried to post the other night but my roommates crappy online service cut me out. this is what i was going to post, but i believe its a day late and a dollar short, but i will post it anyways, someone might get a kick out of it. :)
what mr bubbles is saying is TRUE!
while in the marines i had some buddies who were in the weapons development field, and one guy was telling me about a new non leathal weapon, the extremely fast red tree sponge! it grows so fast that it can fill a room of terrorists and hostages before the terrorists can react! they become completely immoblized by the red tree sponge, allowing for an easy mop up by our spec ops guys. i thought it was just a bunch of b.s., but i guess that mr. bubble has got his hands on a civilan model, slightly reduced growth rate for the masses. hahahaha.
ps i love the pics by sammy, reefkeeper, and the rest as well.

broomer5

My guess is that although Mr.Bubbles brain stem is still somewhat active, meaning his 3 or 4 lingering brain cells down there in his hypothalamus are enough to provide for some basic heart rate, breathing functions and simple motor skills, his cerebrum is totally shot and his frontal lobes used for judgement are completely toasted.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Just a guess as I said :p
I am so looking forward to seeing the photograghs of this sponge though :)

M

mr.bubble

HOLY BUBBLE!!!!! Page 6! I cant believe that 6 pages r on here!
PS, i will get the photos as soon as i can. here are some reasons why i dont have them now.
1) i needed to get some film.
2)there is no 1hr photo shop around where we live
3) the pics that i do have a totally black!
4) Im going to get a digital cam for my B-DAY on april 22!!!!

galina

hehehe wish I could my hands on a killer sponge...
Galina
ps, Mr Bubble, there is one hour photo EVERYWHERE. You have a walgreens in your area, don't you? Every town has a walgreens. Go to Walmart.. Kmart.. they all have 1 hour photo.. oh and for the dark pictures? You could try using the flash.

cyn

No one hour photo in LA??? They are everywhere I used to live there kid. Even back then they were there. Nice try, but I think your full of it.
cyn