Spotted Sweetlips

tony detroit

Sometimes, but truthfully , most sweetlips are better left in the ocean. Most die within a few months of purchase.

drakken

I agree with Tony. I had a spotted sweetlips that I bought on impulse. The LFS told me they were hardy. Then I get home to do some research and find that they are extremely difficult to keep. I have not heard of one person who has had one reach adulthood.
Mine was eating and seemed happy. I was hoping to be the one to do things differently. One day the sweetlips just died without warning. Yes, they will eat brine but mysis is better.
Sweetlips should not be part of the hobby IMO.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Drakken
I agree with Tony. I had a spotted sweetlips that I bought on impulse. The LFS told me they were hardy. Then I get home to do some research and find that they are extremely difficult to keep. I have not heard of one person who has had one reach adulthood.
Mine was eating and seemed happy. I was hoping to be the one to do things differently. One day the sweetlips just died without warning. Yes, they will eat brine but mysis is better.
Sweetlips should not be part of the hobby IMO.

Just to add to that... look at a picture of an adult. They lose are of their specatular "wow" factor... and become a huge dull (IMO) fish.