SPS ID Please

wargasm

I have this coral and I think that it is a montipora or something like that but not sure. I got it from a guy who had it under PC lighting but had to get rid of it. What is it?

wargasm

It might be. Like I said I have had it for about a week and the previous guy had it under PC lighting. I am sure it will get better.

wargasm

Oh wait it isn't a Goniopora. LOL I didn't think about what you said. I know it isn't that. It is really thin unlike a Goniopora.

wargasm

What makes you think it is unhappy? Is it the color? I am sure it wasn't getting enough light when I got it and I am sure it is now.

meowzer

lack of polyp extension would be the first clue
OK...did you acclimate the coral to the new light???? and what is your lighting?

wargasm

I have a brand new LED set up 89 watts on 28 gallons. The coral looks the exact same as it did in the other guys aquarium. Except the polyps are out a lot more.

1guydude

I think hes got LEDs meowz and it will take time for the coral to get used to the LED....i was 1st thinkin chalice but the "skin" isnt bumpy enough or rigid! Im thinkin monti or sun coral or somethin. Can we get some more pics? A lil far away and up close!

meowzer

yah....may take time to recover, BUT my point was about acclimating the coral....not good to take coral from dim lighting and just stick it under more intense
know what I'm saying :)

wargasm

I would take more pics but I am in VA and the coral is in my tank in CA. My wife just happened to send that to me. @2Quills yea it is similiar to that. It is just a frag so it is hard to tell. The stony part is an orangish brown and the polyps are green.