Starting Over

uscmizzy

I use to have a 36g bowfront saltwater tank but unfortunately had to sell it when I moved. Now that things are settled I have been looking at getting back into the hobby. The tank I'm curious about is the 54g corner tank. Here is what I'm thinking:

54g corner tank and stand
2 powerheads placed on back blowing towards front of tank not sure what sizes yet.
Aquamaxx HOB 100 skimmer
Fluval 406 canister filter
40 lbs rock
2 100 W heaters

For fish:

2 O Clowns
1 Flame Angel
2-3 Chromis
1 Six Line Wrasse
Maybe corals down the road

So what do yall think? Has anyone had this tank before and could all this work? Any help and ideas will be appreciated!

2quills

Me either. Was talking with a guy who has bred them and he claims the key to keeping them is to feed 5 times a day. But who knows.

I'd say add the flame and 6line last they can be territorial.

lmforbis

I agree on the chromis. The rest are good. I'd consider a hang on the back filter rather than a canister. Both need a decent amount of maintenance but the HOB is easier to clean.
What are you thinking about for lights?

uscmizzy

Ok so Chromis are out so what could be a good replacement? I really would like some type of schooling fish. I have an old Marineland HOB filter with the two spots for the cartridges. Would that work?

I use to have a 36g bowfront saltwater tank but unfortunately had to sell it when I moved. Now that things are settled I have been looking at getting back into the hobby. The tank I'm curious about is the 54g corner tank. Here is what I'm thinking:

54g corner tank and stand
2 powerheads placed on back blowing towards front of tank not sure what sizes yet.
Aquamaxx HOB 100 skimmer
Fluval 406 canister filter
40 lbs rock
2 100 W heaters

For fish:

2 O Clowns
1 Flame Angel
2-3 Chromis
1 Six Line Wrasse
Maybe corals down the road

So what do yall think? Has anyone had this tank before and could all this work? Any help and ideas will be appreciated!
Hi Uscmizzy,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to hobby!
Nice choice :) Have you started to set it up?

Zhenya