Stock List

kopczynski

I trust you guys.You all have been a great help with the start of my tank and I will order some ova roe when its in stock.

jay0705

Ok iam by buffalo. There is a lfs by me that carrys ova and also one on long island if that helps

kopczynski

I called the store and they said that they are out of stock and are back ordered for 4-9 months. This is true online also, every store that carries it is out of sock.

pegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopczynski http:///t/397422/stock-list#post_3542985
If so how long should I wait until I add the anemones? Sorry about all the questions I'm new to saltwater.
You should wait until you have finished stocking your tank to be sure you have the water parameters under control. Anemones do best under stable conditions. I suggest you upgrade to at least a dual T5 HO light if you plan to keep a healthy anemone. Anemones need strong lighting to thrive, and an occasional feeding of small pieces of meaty food. Be aware... just because you have clownfish and an anemone, it doesn't mean that they will form an symbiotic relationship. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't.

I raised this anemone from a 1" pup, and under T8 bulbs, it was almost pure white. After moving it to a bigger tank with PC lamps, it took on a light tan color. After upgrading to a six-lamp T5 HO fixture, it is the color you see in the picture.

pegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopczynski http:///t/397422/stock-list/60#post_3543620
I have a lighting question, could i keep the fixtures that hold the lights and just put in T5 HO bulbs?
Afraid not. T5 HO bulbs are much stronger than T8 bulbs, and require T5 HO ballasts. Also, if you replace the fixtures, if you can't get one that's tank length, then get one no more than two feet shorter than the tank. I have a 4' fixture over my 6' tank, and there's plenty of light on the ends of the tank. I chose a six-bulb fixture because it is mounted in a canopy, which gives the light a bigger spread, but it also loses some of it's intensity due to the added height... but mostly for the ability to try different color schemes. But the answer to your question is no... sorry.

kopczynski

I was told a 60 gallon tank was not big enough for the pyramid BF. Could I possibly add a coral beauty angel instead of would that fight with the lemon peel angel?

pegasus

I can keep one coral beauty angelfish and one yellow tang in my 125. I've tried adding a different type of angel and tang, but they get tormented until they die. It may be possible to introduce a couple of angels at the same time and for them to co-exist. Once one has established it's territory, any newcomers are in for a fight. It may not work in your tank, since coral beauties and lemonpeels are recommended for 70 gallon tanks. The dominant one would basically claim the entire tank as it's territory.

kopczynski

Any suggestions for another easy fish that is compatabile with the kole tang, lemon peel angel, sixline wrasse, ruby red dragonet, ocellaris clowns and a royal gramma basslet?