Stocking list recomendations?

martyna

Well im about to start cycling a 150 gallon tank and im trying to decided exactly what fish I want to have.
I remember a while back finding a cross-refference webpage that told you if fish were compatiable, but for the life of me I cant, so please bear with me here.
I wasnt planning on any corals or anything like that, just live rock.
So here are my picks:
Blue Koran Angel
2 percual clowns
Volitan Lionfish
Porcupine puffer
Blonde Naso tang
Bursa or humu humu trigger
Red General Starfish and maybe a serpent star.
Obviously im not going to introduce all these fish at once after the cycle is over, but I need to know what is going to get along with what, and whats not.

martyna

Originally Posted by DougsBack
the trigger will pick at the lionfish

So if i decide not to get the trigger will the lionfish be fine with the others? I was worried that it might bother the clown's

whitey

If your clowns are small they will likely be lunch for the lion.
The other fish I'd change is your Naso Tang. These fish get very big and need at least a 200 gallon tank IMO.
In a 150 it will likely pace side to side, which is not their normal behavior. They need lots of room as they are very active fish.
Yellows, or Purples would work. But I would steer clear of the Naso.

S

surfinusa

sounds alright but the trigger and puffer and just about every thing in the tank will rip the starfish to shreads
and that would really suck :thinking:

konrade

I have seen many triggers kept with lions, my friend had a humu humu with a lion and they were fine. It comes down to whether you want to take the risk or not.

martyna

Originally Posted by surfinusa
sounds alright but the trigger and puffer and just about every thing in the tank will rip the starfish to shreads
and that would really suck :thinking:
Is there any type of star fish that will survive among them. Its the one thing my fiance' wants, and we all know that if the women dont get what they want, its not a fun time.
I was thinking of trying the trigger and lion, only time will tell when i actually get the tank cycled i can make my decision