Strange Hitchhikers I can't Identify...Please Help

sammyjoe

Okay so I got a new piece of live rock and now I have these tiny tiny white snail/slugs in my tank.They are on my glass and on my rocks. I tried to take a picture but cannot get my camera to focus on them cause they are so small.
They are white,different sizes and they have antennes,and no shells.Anyone have anything like this or a picture I can compare too? I tried looking online and nothing.They do not look like flatworms.Look like white slugs you would see outside on a rainy day.
Need to know if they are good or bad,I have removed some of them because I don't know what they are but don't know if I'm wasting my time if they are good.Please Help.

trigger11

Originally Posted by Sammyjoe
http:///forum/post/2454147
Okay so I got a new piece of live rock and now I have these tiny tiny white snail/slugs in my tank.They are on my glass and on my rocks. I tried to take a picture but cannot get my camera to focus on them cause they are so small.
They are white,different sizes and they have antennes,and no shells.Anyone have anything like this or a picture I can compare too? I tried looking online and nothing.They do not look like flatworms.Look like white slugs you would see outside on a rainy day.
Need to know if they are good or bad,I have removed some of them because I don't know what they are but don't know if I'm wasting my time if they are good.Please Help.
Sounds like stomatella snails. If so then they are beneficial to the tank. I have a bunch in my tank and they seem to be mostly nocturnal.

sammyjoe

Okay I hope thats what they are.I normally don't notice them in the daytime but today I got a new piece of live rock so I was moving rocks around and now they are all over the place with my lights on.I found one that is pretty big and has brown on him if that helps.