Stupid petstore!

I just bought a clown knife fish on the belief that he would only get to 8" long. YEAH RIGHT! Try 40"! :mad: Maybe I should have checked first. Gotta love them fish stores! :mad:

lesleybird

Gee, I guess you could either to go out and buy a new thousand gallon tank, or eat him when he gets too big for the current tank, or take him back to the fish store and try to get a refund with a complaint of missrepresentation!!!!! I kind of like the thousand gallon idea best. Lesley

fshhub

only need a 55 gallon or so, it is freshwater, not salt and the requirements are much different. They definitely do not need a 1000 gallon tank

T

thomas712

We the knights who say Ni say you should chop down the largest tree in the forest with your clown knife.
Well Jillian that'll teach ya to look before you leap eh? :D
Thomas

Oh well, it's a beautiful fish and I already named him "Fins" because I like his long ululating fin. The web sites I read say 300 gallon minimum. *sigh* But he'll be cool to see when he does grow up, 40", that's HUGE! (I don't fish much, so my 8" Oscar is big to me :D ). I'm not sure what I'll do with him at full grown, the store won't take it back, so I'll wait it out and maybe, if my bf and I really do move, make enough room for my 3 current fish tanks, plus a larger one for Fins, and more for sw. Already, I'm running out of room in this apartment! I don't consider it a bad thing though! ;)

fshhub

I would not worry too awful much, unlike s/w, f/w fish do only grow to their surroundings in most cases.

krunk

ive always wanted one, but my oscar would kill it the first 5 seconds.
would you and your knights of ni want some shrubbary?