Sump setup????

dsboyd

Sumps?
Not sure how one actually is setup.
I'll hvae a built in overflow. Does th water just pour into the sump, or does it go directly to the skimmer?
can one just use a glass aquarium to house Skimmer, heater. Also, would i need to add dividers in the sump?
or should I get a wet dry and keep the bio balls out? I know the sumps that come with those have plates and separate compartments.

M

missycoral

Hi dsboyd, I see your near us in Mich to great welcome to the board, as far as sump goes couple things to think about this will help you make a dission, first off you can use a glass tank as a sump, helpfulhints that i have found for us seperate compartments are great if your running a skimmer in sump one for the micro bubbles you can have it in its own divider to keep the water level even so no fluctuation in the skimmer, also you can use a compartment for a spnge to keep the bubbles from returning into the tank. Can use a compartment for a canister filter aswell, so it dempends on what your going to do. Also make sure your return pump is 100 gal less of your over flow usually a 600 gal overflow is really good or larger depending on your tank size. make sure you put a valve on your return line also to adjust water flow back in to the tank and may wish to consider making a spary bar for water return instead of having the water just dumping back in this will give you great water airation and more equal water flow threw the tank.cost is under 10.00 to do, really worth it also saves from water splashes. You can email us if you like or have questions at MPh8521@mediaone.net. goodluck, MIssy