Sun Coral Help!

mmf1968

My sun coral is not doing well and I don't know what else to do
. Can anyone help me nourish it back to health? I have tried everything. I have hovered over tank for an hour with a turkey baster feeding it live brine shrimp one by one. It still disintegrating and bleaching.

teen

brine shrimp isnt gunna cut it. you need to get your hands in there and feed it something meaty. something like fresh scallop, or cocktail shrimp would be a good diea.

ridomart

I turn off my power heads & bast it with cypo, & mytis . Must work , I've had it for 2 yrs & its got 5 babies on another rock.

mmf1968

Thank you all for your suggestion. I just made a coral shake containing the following:
6 Squid
6 whole shrimp
3.5g Clams
3.5g Plankton Cube
3.5g Mysis Shrimp
3.5g Frozen Cyclopes
2 tbs Freeze dried Cyclopes
2 tbs Spectrum Fish Formula Pellets
4 oz Kent Coral-Vite
4 oz Marine Snow Plankton-Diet
1/2 Cup Green Seaweed
I soak the seaweeds in fresh (declorinated) water until soft.
Thaw all of the frozen ingredients in a bowl.
Remove shells from all seafood.
Crush all dry ingedients into a powder. I then
Add liquid vitamins to the powdered ingredients.
Liquify all of the ingredients in a blender.
Freeze in Ziplock bags and some in small compartment ice cube trays.
I placed the sun coral in a tupperware poured some of the shake in the container and closed it with lid. I cut a little opening and connected a air pump inside to circulate the water and food around. Its been almost 30 min and soon I will place it back in aquarium. I have not yet seen any activity with the coral. Maybe it doesn't like my shake. Tell me what you think.

jerthunter

I have found that they don't open much if you give them too much food. What works for me is adding just a tiny bit of cyclopeeze and it will slowly open, takes up to 30 minutes. Once it is fully open than give it the food.

mmf1968

I will try that, thank you
. If this doesn't work, it's going to die on me. Every day it gets worse and worse

juggalojim

mine open by their selfs everynight at 9pm and my wife feeds at 930 and they stay open till about noon the folling day, we just feed mysis

reefkprz

Originally Posted by MMF1968
Thank you all for your suggestion. I just made a coral shake containing the following:
6 Squid
6 whole shrimp
3.5g Clams
3.5g Plankton Cube
3.5g Mysis Shrimp
3.5g Frozen Cyclopes
2 tbs Freeze dried Cyclopes
2 tbs Spectrum Fish Formula Pellets
4 oz Kent Coral-Vite
4 oz Marine Snow Plankton-Diet
1/2 Cup Green Seaweed
I soak the seaweeds in fresh (declorinated) water until soft.
Thaw all of the frozen ingredients in a bowl.
Remove shells from all seafood.
Crush all dry ingedients into a powder. I then
Add liquid vitamins to the powdered ingredients.
Liquify all of the ingredients in a blender.
Freeze in Ziplock bags and some in small compartment ice cube trays.
I placed the sun coral in a tupperware poured some of the shake in the container and closed it with lid. I cut a little opening and connected a air pump inside to circulate the water and food around. Its been almost 30 min and soon I will place it back in aquarium. I have not yet seen any activity with the coral. Maybe it doesn't like my shake. Tell me what you think.
good recipie for just about anything but the suncoral doesnt need the algae, it gets the trace vetable amounts it requires in its preys stomach (cyclops mysis etcetera) you may want to leave the veggies out next time just so its getting the meat it requires. but definatly a great recipie.